39- I Get A Surprise

********

********

My mother came to see me a while later. She was not impressed.

"You evil child," she hissed at me, "You dared defy me."

I crossed my arms and glared back at her.

"You want to know the reason I want you here," She spat at me.

I did, but I wasn't going to let her know that.

"You're pregnant girl," she told me spitefully, "your child will be unique. The blood of Apollo and Athena mixed with my own blood. Your child will be just like you, nothing that the world had ever seen before and more powerful than even you can comprehend."

I was stunned, my lips parted and I blinked at her. Pregnant? No I couldn't be. It couldn't be happening.

"I want your child," She hissed, moving her face very close to mine, "I want that power. That is the only reason I haven't killed you."

She turned on her heel and left, slamming the door shut behind her.

A baby, my baby. I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it. But in my gut I knew it was true.

I drew my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, trying to make myself as small as possible.

I had to get out. Away from here. I had to go home, to see Apollo.

I wracked my brain for any way to get out other than the doors of death. But I couldn't think of anything and with any luck Percy and Annabeth would have closed the doors of death behind them.

I could roam around Tartarus until I came across the doors, but that could take an eternity.

Climbing also wasn't an option. Sure supposedly it was possible, but it would take forever.

My mother could take me with her. Primordials were free to move between the worlds, but she would never agree to take me with her anywhere.

It seemed that I was out of options. The most promising option that I had was to make a break for it and hope that Percy and Annabeth hadn't left just yet.

I made my way to the door and turned the handle. To my surprise it opened. I made a dash for it.

I weaved through the halls, not thinking about what I was seeing. The horrors of the mansion were beyond comprehension.

I took the quickest route that I could remember and leaped straight across the river, not slowing down for a second.

I charged towards the thumping sound of the heart of Tartarus, it got louder with every second.

When I got there I saw that the doors stood open and unchained.

Percy and Annabeth were next to them, having a hurried discussion with Bob as all three of them fought off monsters. A giant was fighting with Tartarus himself.

I charged at the doors and I almost didn't make it.

I made it in just as the doors closed behind Percy and Annabeth.

Within seconds I had two swords pointed at me.

"Hey guys!" I grinned, "Sorry I'm late."

They dropped their swords the relief.

The doors opened slightly and they both scrambled to hold them shut.

I couldn't move.

I was overwhelmed with a sense of relief.

I had done it. I had escaped my mother and I could go home. I closed my eyes and tipped my head back. I was going home.

A double update for y'all! And yes Ri is pregnant... I'm not sure everyone guessed that, but I know some people did.
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx