12- I Am Subject Of A Bad Joke

********

********

"Ow," I groaned.

"Ri?" Apollo sounded completely relieved, "You're alive."

"No," I groaned, "I'm dead."

Apollo laughed, "That's my girl, now c'mon lets get you into this chair and up to Olympus, Zeus wants you in the council meeting."

Apollo and several of his children lifted me into the wheelchair, with much complaining from me, even trying to move my fingers hurt.

Apollo thanked his children and then flashed us both into the throne room.

Zeus was midway through what seemed to be a very long speech. Apollo wheeled me next to Percy and Annabeth and then hurried to take his seat.

"Are you okay?" Annabeth looked concerned, "You looked like you were dead."

"Just a little," I replied, "But I think I'll be fine." I neglected to mention the fact that I was still in a lot of pain and that I couldn't feel my legs at all, I figured that there was nothing that could be done about that yet.

Zeus' speech came to a close.

"Which leaves us, only the matter of thanking our demigod heroes." Zeus said, he called Thalia forwards.

"You have done well my lieutenant, You have made me proud," Artemis smiled, "All the hunters who fell shall achieve Elysium."

"I'll streamline their application process." Hades grumbled.

"Tyson, son of Poseidon," Zeus called, a cyclops bounced forwards, "for your bravery, you are appointed general of the cyclops armies, and you shall be granted- what weapon would you like?"

"Stick!" The Cyclops smiled.

"Very well, you shall be granted a new stick, the best stick that can be found." Zeus continued.

I lost concentration until I heard my name being called, "Ariadne, Daughter of Nyx, please step forwards." Zeus asked. I wasn't sure if he was making a bad joke about me being in a wheel chair, but I decided to just roll with it, literally.

I moved my arms enough to push the wheels of my chair so I could move into the middle of the room.

"Ariadne, as we all know Primordial powers are not mean for a mortal body, and when you first came to us last year part of our agreement was that we make you immortal." Zeus glanced at Apollo as he spoke, "I think you have done more than enough to earn this honour, you will become an immortal demigod, similar to the hunters of Artemis and be granted the title Lady Of The Sun."

"Thankyou Lord Zeus." I inclined my head to him and wheeled away from the centre of the room.

"Percy Jackson." Poseidon called.

I stopped next to Annabeth.

"So how do you know Apollo?" Annabeth asked, "You never told me."

"We're married," I grinned at her and then turned my attention back to Percy and the Gods.

"-Is there anyone here who would deny that my son is deserving?" Poseidon was saying.

"The council agrees," Zeus said, "Percy Jackson you will receive one gift from the gods."

"Any gift?" Percy asked.

"I know what you will ask, and yes, if you want it Percy Jackson we will grant you godhood." Zeus replied.

"Um.. Be a God?" Percy's mouth was hanging open.

"Yes," Zeus rolled his eyes, "a dim-witted one at most."

Percy looked back at Annabeth, then finally he turned back to the Gods.

"No." He said.

"You're turning us down?" Zeus asked.

"I'm honoured and everything," Percy was visibly squirming, "But I have a better idea for what you can give me. Do you swear on the river styx to grant my wish?"

"We swear to grant your wish." Zeus sounded more interested now.

"I want you to properly recognise all children of the gods, not just the Olympians." Percy began, "No more unclaimed children. I want all demigod children to be claimed by the time they're thirteen. And the minor Gods, They deserve to have cabins at camp, and peaceful titans like Calypso should be pardoned."

"Is that all?" Zeus scoffed.

"Yes," Percy looked straight at him, "I hold you to your oath."

"All in favour." All of the Gods raised their hands.

"Um thanks," Percy turned to leave.

Everyone began to follow Percy out of the room. Apollo rushed over to me and began fussing.

I batted him away, "Apollo, I'll be fine."

Apollo smiled, "Zeus said that he'll do it tonight."

"Do what?" I blinked at him.

"Turn you immortal, It takes a while, but you'll sleep through it and wake up immortal." Apollo began pushing me past rubble, back towards our thankfully undamaged house.

"Oh."

"And Ri, you forgot to mention the consequences of using your powers," He scolded me, "If I had known I would have stopped you from using them."

"Exactly, and I had to use them, that was the best way I could help stop Kronos." I told him as he helped me onto the sofa.

"What I don't understand is how being run though by Kronos' Sythe didn't kill me." I confessed, "I'm pretty sure that thing could kill you."

Apollo laughed, "You're to stubborn to die Ri." He kissed me.

I smiled and leant into him.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this slightly longer chapter!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx