34- I Throw Up In Hell

********

********

One more days, one more day and I would go. I had been telling myself that for the past four days but I knew that today really was the day I was going to go.

I said goodbye to the crew and gave them all empty promises that I would see them again. I asked them all to stay below deck whilst I talked to my mother.

She was already waiting for me on deck, a smug look on her face. I felt like I was going to throw up as I walked towards her.

"Didn't I tell you I would see you again soon." She once again looked me up and down.

I didn't reply, "Can you take me back?"

"Of course I can, but you must make me a promise." Her eyes bore into my own.

"What?"

"You must promise me that you will stay." She said.

"I will," I stared at her, "if you let my friends pass through your mansion."

My mother scanned me, she didn't reply for a while, "okay, but you will stay behind with me. You must swear it on the river Styx."

I bit my lip. There was no way around this, "I swear on the river Styx that I will stay with you after my friends are gone."

"We have a deal then." My mother offered me her hand. I looked at the sky for one last time and took a breath of fresh air.

I took her hand.

********

I stumbled away from where I landed and threw up. My mother raised an eyebrow at me and laughed.

"You never used to get sick." She commented, "But look at you now."

"Well I'm sorry for feeling ill." I snapped back.

"Oh it's much more than you being ill my daughter." She laughed again.

I breathed in the acid air that almost made me choke, "What's that supposed to mean."

But when I looked up she was gone.

I sighed in frustration and tightened the straps of my backpack that I had packed full of food, water and ambrosia, and tried to get my bearings.

Surprisingly I didn't recognise where I was.

Then I heard a noise and whirled around. A woman was there, but she was not a woman. She had a human head, but she had snakes for hair similar to Medusa. Her top half was human, but her bottom half was reptilian and had gigantic claws. She had huge wings and wheedled a long fiery whip.

She opened her mouth and spoke in the tong of the od gods, which fortunately I understood, "Daughter of Night, return to die."

This was Kampe. I had read stories of her as a child and she was just as terrifying as I had always imagined her. My mother had dropped me in the path of my destruction.

********

I turned and ran. I heard Kampe crack her whip and chase after me. I had no idea how I was going to escape this one. I was royally screwed.

Kampe was widely regarded as the most fearsome monster in Tartarus. Even my mother avoided her.

She was faster than me. In no time I was forced to turn around and fight. She was also a much better fighter than me. My sword clashed with her whip and once again my world exploded into light.

Here's the first update for this weekend! I'll post at least once more this weekend as well.
So Ri is back in Tartarus!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx