84- Olympian Meeting

Apollo

The moment that Nyx toppled over the edge the whole world changed. For me, it felt like it did anyway. 

I stood there at the edge of the pit with my youngest son, staring into the abyss that had just consumed his grandmother. 

Neither of us spoke, and then the wind was knocked out of me. My knees buckled, and I found myself falling into a familiar chair. My throne. I was on Olympus. 

After I had got my bearings, I noticed that all of the Olympians were present, looking equally confused as I did. Zeus' eyes immediately fell upon me, as usual assuming that I had done something wrong to cause this. 

"Apollo what did you do?" Zeus thundered.

"What did you expect us to do?" I demanded, "we killed Nyx."

The room went silent for what must've been the first time in hundreds of years. None of the gods gathered even breathed. There was no understanding, no comprehending what had happened. A Primordial being had been killed, not faded, not given up, she had actually been killed by two Olympians.

"How?" Athena was the first one to break the silence.

"I made her mortal," Cai said, "then she fell into the void."

This bought another wave of silence upon the group. Again, Athena seemed to be the only one able to keep her head on straight, maybe it had something to do with being the goddess of wisdom. 

"We cannot have no goddess of night. It will disrupt the balance if her essence has been destroyed-"

"Oh her essence has been destroyed," replied Cai.

"In that case, we will lose night. we will lose darkness, we must select someone to take over. Become the goddess of night in Nyx's place, or I fear this could be our last Olympian meeting." Athena looked directly at Zeus as she spoke.

"Yes, thank you, Athena," Zeus stroked his chin, seeming to attempt to create the image that he was in control of the situation.

"I believe that it will be best if we stick to Nyx's bloodline," Athena continued, "this way there will be no worries of inheritance."

"Yes!" I almost shouted, what Athena was saying dawned on me at that moment. Most of Nyx's children were already gods, and therefore could not inherit her title as goddess of night, but one of Nyx's children had no godly powers. I cleared my throat, "I mean yes, I agree with Athena, we must stick with Nyx's bloodline."

"Very well," Zeus agreed, a frown still etched across his face, "whom do you have in mind Athena?"

"Well I think our choice is quite clear father," Athena smiled, "I think that Ariadne Chester would make a fine goddess of the night."

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!

~Em xx