66- Cai Scares The Olympic Council

Ri

Ri

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?" Zeus (ever the drama queen) yelled above all of the other gods. He pointed his master bolt at my chest. "This is your doing."

Cai got to his feet and glared at Zeus. Zeus' mast bolt fizzled out. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." The gods all silently stared at him, as did I.

"I think I neglected to introduce myself." Cai said in a scarily calm voice, "I am Caius, son of Apollo and Ariadne. God of life, immortality and mortality."

The gods continued to stare at him, with looks that almost resembled fear.

"Let's all sit down," Cai spoke. Giving me a look that clearly told me 'you too'. I sat down.

Apollo's chair was unusually comfortable for a chair that appeared to be made of solid gold. But still it felt wrong to sit in it, my husband was supposed to be here, not me.

"Now." Cai said, "seen as there is a throne here for me, that would lead me to assume that I am an Olympian."

"Yes." Athena was the first one to speak, "that would be a logical assumption."

"So to conclude this impromptu meeting there are now thirteen Olympians and my mother will be sitting in for Apollo until he returns," Cai gave Zeus a pointed look, "which he will."

"Of course," Zeus agreed, "once he has regained the oracles."

Cai nodded, Zeus's master bolt fizzled back into existence, "I think that concludes any business we have here."

Cai got to his feet and walked out of the room, most of the Olympians flashed back out. Apart from Artemis.

"Caius," she called, "wait."

I got to my feet. Cai turned around to look at Artemis.

But Artemis addressed me, "is he okay?" She asked, "is Apollo okay?"

"He was when he left camp," I told her, "he's with Leo and Calypso now."

"Where are they headed?" Artemis asked.

"They're going to search the middle of the country for one of the oracles." I told her, "try and take it back from the emperors."

"Thank you," Artemis smiled. Then she turned to Cai, "I thought I should properly introduce myself, I am Artemis, your father's twin sister."

"I thought you hated being his twin," I observed.

"Yes, well," Artemis mused, "forced separation changes your perspective on things like that."

"Hello Artemis," Cai smiled. He reminded me of Apollo in so many things, from the way he walked, to his mood swings. He intrigued me.

Artemis smiled, "please don't end up being just another of my brother's children that I can't bare."

"I will try my best." Cai laughed.

"I have been doing my best to plead Apollo's case with Zeus, as has my mother Leto, but Zeus won't see reason." Artemis told us, "I will continue to do so to the best of my ability, but I doubt it will change his mind."

"Thank you," Cai smiled.

"I have to go," said Artemis, "I will see you soon."

Cai looked at me, "are you okay? Zeus' didn't hurt you did he?"

"No of course not," I shook him off, "it would take a bit more than being threatened by Zeus' to hurt me."

Cai laughed, "I'm not sure if you're joking or not."

"I'm not," I said, "now make me small again, I want to go home."

How do you like the chaoter?
If you haven't already be sure to check out my book Em On Wattpad, I want to run a PJO one shot competition from there and I'd love for you guys to join!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx