14- I Make Some New Friends

********

********

Just as predicted the rest of that summer went by quietly. I discovered that day that Percy and Annabeth had become a thing and I wasn't surprised about it.

I spent all the time I could with Apollo, every day I fell more in love with him.

I spent the rest of my time at camp halfblood. When the summer season officially ended camp became quieter again, but there was so much work to do building new cabins that the few campers left always had something to do.

When Apollo had to, he drove the sunchariot, but when he could he put it on autopilot or got one of his godly suns or daughters to drive it. We went for walks around Olympus, which was quickly being redesigned and build by Annabeth.

Everything was completely perfect. And I loved every minute of my immortal life.

That was until December rolled around and Percy disappeared.

He had been staying at camp when it happened. One night he went into his cabin and the next morning he was gone.

Three days after his disappearance Annabeth came to me with a plan. She looked exhausted, but determined.

"We need to go to the Grand Canyon." Annabeth told me.

"Why?" I frowned at her.

"We need to find a guy with one shoe, that'll help us find Percy." Annabeth grabbed my arm and dragged me through camp, "Will said I could borrow the Apollo cabin's chariot."

"And I'm coming with you?"

She nodded, "Yes, you're coming with me."

"Okay," We arrived at the chariot and Annabeth quickly began attaching the Pegasi to it. I just stood there, until Annabeth was done and she pulled me onto the chariot and we took off.

"You know, we could've made it a lot faster if I just shadow travelled us." I mused.

Annabeth shot me a look that told me to shut up. So I did. The rest of the trip was in silence, apart from Annabeth briefing me about what exactly we were riding into.

It took a surprisingly short time to make it to the Grand Canyon. We landed on a skywalk in front of three teenagers.

Annabeth immediately dropped the reins and strode towards them, "Where is he?" she demanded.

I ran after her, "Annabeth they're just kids, I don't think..."

"Where's who?" The blonde boy in the middle replied. He had a strange aura coming off him. I could easily tell that the other two were Greek demigods. But the boy was different, and I couldn't place my finger on why that was.

Annabeth growled under her breath, like his answer was unacceptable.

"What about Hedge?" I asked them, "Where is your protector Gleeson?"

The shorter boy cleared his throat as if he were about to give an empowered speech, "He got taken by Dylan, a tornado thing..."

"Venti," The first boy spoke up.

"Storm Spirits?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"They're called Anemoi Thuella, that's the Greek term anyway," Annabeth said, "Who are you?" she eyes the blonde boy, "and what happened here?"

The blonde boy launched into an explanation that included a coin sword and a satyr roundhouse kicking a storm spirit.

"No!" Annabeth cursed in Ancient Greek, "He was supposed to be here..."

"Annabeth look!" I cut her off, I pointed to the blonde boy's feet, he was missing a shoe, "He's the answer, he can help us!"

"No," she turned on me, "I was tricked!" she looked up and the sky, "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HIM!"

The skywalk didn't seem stable and it made me uneasy standing here in the open, the storm spirits could return, and I was really not in the mood for a battle today.

"We should go," I put my hand on her shoulder, "These three are all demigods, we need to get them to camp. We'll settle whatever this," I gestured from her to Jason, "is later."

"Fine." Annabeth marched towards the chariot.

"What's her problem?" The girl asked.

I shrugged, "she doesn't have it easy. C'mon, we need to get you guys to camp."

"What do you mean?" the blonde boy asked, "I'm not going anywhere with her, I think she wants to kill me."

"She doesn't, she's just frustrated, she had a vision showing her to come here, she's been searching for one of our campers who's gone missing."

"Who?" The girl asked.

"Hey boyfriend, his name is Percy Jackson."

Once they had all finally climbed into the chariot and we had taken off, I realised that I had no idea what any of their names were.

"So what are your names?" I asked them.

"I'm Leo," the shorter boy said.

"Piper." The girl didn't look happy about it.

"I'm Jason."

"I'm Ariadne, but you can call me Ri, that's Annabeth." I told them all.

"Where we going?" Leo asked as he spat a Pegasus feather out of his mouth.

"Camp Halfblood, a safe place for people like us." Annabeth replied.

"Halfblood?" Piper asked, "is that some kind of a bad joke?"

"We're all demigods," Jason eyed Annabeth warily, "Half god , half mortal."

"You seem know a lot Jason," I mused.

"Yes we're demigods." Annabeth replied, "My mother is Athena, goddess of wisdom. Ri is more god that mortal, but we let that slide, she's an immortal daughter of Nyx, goddess of the night and she's the Lady of the sun."

"At your service," I mock curtsied to them.

The three of them looked at me. "Immortal?" Leo asked, "Like can't die?"

"No I can die!" I assured them, "I'm not a god! If Jason decided to run me through with that sword of his, poof! I'm gone, but I can't die from illness and I don't age."

"Why?" Piper asked.

"Because she's married to a god." Annabeth grinned, I stamped on her toe, "ow."

"Married to a god." Leo repeated, somewhat in awe.

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, Apollo, god of the sun, hence the lady of the sun thing."

"How old are you?" Jason looked me up and down.

"Eighteen, why?" I asked

"But, you're immortal, shouldn't you be like eighteen thousand?" Leo asked.

"I was only given immortality recently," I defended myself.

Wind roared and the chariot shuddered, "The left wheel is on fire!" Jason yelled.

Storm spirits began to charge at us from all angles.

"EVERYONE HOLD ON TIGHT!" I yelled, "AND DON'T LET GO."

I shadow travelled, taking the chariot with me.

Extra long chapter for you today, here we commence the Heroes of Olympus!

Remember to vote, comment and have yourself a merry little Christmas! (I'm feeling christmassy today because it snowed!)

~Em xx