51- I Have A Nice Talk With My Step-Kids

********

********

I made my way towards the Athena cabin. Despite the fact that the whole camp had discovered that I wasn't just a granddaughter of Athena I still stayed in that cabin.

I had become close with most of the cabin, and I was excited to see them again.

I walked into the cabin to find it almost completely deserted. Apart from one girl.

Bea sat at one of the desks typing some things on a calculator and scribbling numbers down on a piece of paper.

"Bea I thought people weren't meant to be on their own." I scolded her.

Bea was 16. She had the trademark blonde Athena kid hair and grey eyes. She resembled Annabeth a lot with her athletic figure, but she had much paler skin and her face was littered with freckles.

"People are distracting." She told me.

"Well that's true." I sat down on my old bunk in the corner of the room.

"What happened to you?" Bea sat down next to me, "you freaked everyone out, Annabeth said that the gods were pissed at you and no one knew where you were."

"I was spending some quality time with my mother-in-law." I told her.

"Apollo's mum?"

"Yep, Leto, she's just great."

"You're being sarcastic again." She scolded me.

"I know." I replied, "Anyway what are you working on?" I got to my feet.

"Just some formulas," she replied, gathering her papers up and tucking them away neatly.

"Are you the only one around?" I asked, there were around ten residents of the Athena cabin, including Malcom, Annabeth, Bea and myself.

"Malcom is here somewhere." She said.

I heard the conch horn sound and got to my feet.

"I'm starving!" I declared.

The two of us headed out of the cabin and followed the group of campers walking towards the dining pavilion.

Apparently we were supposed to be celebrating Apollo's return.

Will and Nico came up behind me and Bea slipped away to walk with Sherman Yang an Ares camper.

"You should come sit with us," Will told me, "you're technically my step mum anyway."

"I'll come sit with you, if you promise not to ever call me that again." I told him.

"If you promise to let me properly check your baby out to make sure he's okay," Will replied.

"Deal."

The three of us made our way towards the Apollo table, where Apollo himself sat with two of his children.

"Hey guys," Will said to his siblings as we sat down, "Ri, this is Austin and Kayla."

"Hi," I sat down at the opposite side of the table to Apollo.

Austin and Kayla grinned at me, and then went back to questioning Apollo.

I dug into my healthy and nutritious meal of hotdogs, fries and some lemonade.

"Nico," Apollo said, "shouldn't you be sitting at the Hades table?"

Nico shrugged, "Technically, yes. But when I sit alone at my table strange things happen. Cracks open in the floor. Zombies crawl out and start roaming around. It's a mood disorder. I can't control it. That's what I told Chiron."

"And is it true?" Apollo asked.

"I have a note from my doctor." Nico smiled

Will raised his hand, "I'm his doctor."

"Chiron decided it wasn't worth arguing about." Nico said, "As long as I sit at a table with people the zombies stay away and everybody is happier."

"It's the strangest thing." Will nodded, "It's not like Nico would ever misuse his powers to get what he wants."

"Of course not." Nico grinned.

I munched on another hot dog and only half listened to the conversation.

I looked around the dining pavilion. I joined back in the conversation at the same time Austin and Kayla did.

"What did you guys talk about in the Big House?" Kayla asked, "Chiron told you about the disappearances?"

"Yes." Apollo nodded, "We talked about it."

"And..." Austin insisted, "What's going on?"

Apollo didn't answer.

"He has no idea." I answered for him, "The almighty Apollo doesn't know anything."

Apollo glared at me, "look Ri, I can tell you have a problem so why don't you just say it."

"Oh I have no problem." I answered and took a sip of my drink.

"But you clearly do." Apollo snapped back.

I crossed my arms and didn't answer. The dining pavilion really wasn't where I wanted to talk about this.

Apollo grit his teeth, "I need more time to think about the disappearances. Maybe in the morning ill have some of my godly powers back."

"Is that how it works?" Austin asked, "Your strength comes back over time?"

"I think so," Apollo frowned, "I have to get my powers back, I must."

"It's okay Dad." Kayla squeezed, "We'll help you."

"Kayla is right." Austin nodded, "We're in this together. If anybody gives you any trouble then Kayla will shoot them and I'll curse them so bad they'll be speaking in rhyming couplets for weeks."

"And I'm an army doctor!" Will grinned, "I'll break all of their bones whilst naming them."

"Thankyou." Apollo said.

I had a snow day today! Our headmaster spent three days in denial of how much snow there was, whilst every other school in the area was shut!
But we finally had the day off today so I'm happy, hence the update!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx

PS.
CALLING ALL POTTERHEADS! Keeps your eyes peeled on my profile as I have been working on a new book called VENUS that is a Harry Potter fanfic.