42- I Attempt To Turn Zeus' Throne Into Kindling

********

********

The snake people of Athens weren't my favourite.

I wasn't particularly fond of snakes to start off with, but massive humanoid talking snakes was where I drew the line.

The snake King offered to take three of us to the Parthenon through the underground tunnels.

Piper sang a pretty song which got the snake to fess up that he was just going to hand us all over to Gaia. Piper said that she could keep the snake under control and the crew nominated Percy and Annabeth to go with her.

They would take out the Balisti, so that the Argo could fly in.

As soon as we could we did just that. We arrived to see Piper supporting Annabeth and Percy in a pile on the floor, all surrounded by angry Giants.

"I'll kill you all myself if I have to!" Piper yelled the the Giants.

"The thing is," Jason yelled as he summoned a storm, "you don't have to."

I shadow travelled off of the ship landing on the head of one of the Giants, who I stabbed in the brain several times, before jumping down and running off to fight another giant, with the first one hot on my heels.

"SURRENDER! YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY ONE SPANKING HOT WAR MACHINE!" Leo's voice boomed from the Argo.

The Giants didn't want to surrender. I ended up taking on Hippolytus, which- not trying to be a downer or anything- wasn't fun.

My sword was like a tooth pick and barley seemed to bother him. But every time he got too close to me there was a blast of light that threw the giant, backwards. My baby protecting me. This was pretty much the only reason I was still alive.

Rocks were being pelted from the Argo by Leo. But the Giants were bigger than us and stronger than us. We couldn't kill them

The seven of us who were on the ground were forced into a defensive ring. The Argo exploded above us after being hit by a fiery spear. I channeled my efforts into putting up a barrier around the seven of us to stop the Giants getting any closer.

"Percy, look out!" Piper yelled.

The Acropolis groaned and shifted as our nightmares came true. A drop of blood fell from Percy's face to the floor and Gaia rose.

********

I thought we were dead straight away. But the sky opened and out poured the gods.

There was Artemis in her moon chariot, riding next to Apollo in his sun chariot. He gave me a grin and a wink. At the head of the charge was Zeus. The bay doors of the Argo burst open and Nike zoomed out, taking her place as Zeus's charioteer.

Suddenly we were surrounded by the gods. I dropped my shield and we all charged.

Once again I was chased down by Hippolytus. What he had against me I didn't know, but I was pretty sure that I didn't want to die.