Twilight 13: This isn't real

It was later afternoon when Bella dropped a bomb on dad. Bella enters the kitchen was dad was cleaning a rifle and I was eating apple pie. Bella hands dad another beer, dad turns to Bella smiling about to thank her but before dad could say something Bella cut him off.

"I have a date with Edward Cullen," Bella said,

Dad suddenly looks like he's having an aneurysm and I choked back a laugher.

"Dude you can't just throw a bomb like that without any warning," I said laughing.

Dad turns to me and glares then turns to Bella serious.

"He's too old for you," dad said turning back to his rifle.

"Dad, we're both juniors," Bella said.

"And besides I thought you liked the Cullens," I said.

"And I thought you weren't interested in any of the boys in town," dad said staring at me.

"When did I say that?" I asked confused.

"Edward doesn't live 'in town'. It's in the early stage and-- whatever, he's outside right... now" Bella said looking at dad.

"Now? He's outside?" dad asked turning to the front door.

"He wants to meet you... Officially" Bella said.

"Good" dad said cocking the rifle in a mock seriousness.

"Dad seriously?" I asked with my eyebrow raised, however, dad just nods.

"Be nice, okay? He's... important" Bella said holding dad's shoulder.

Dad gives Bella a reassuring nod and makes a halo above his head. When Bella turns around to open the door, dad makes the devil horns on his head making me choke on my pie. Edward comes into the kitchen looking all serious.

Aww, how cute meeting the in law for the first time, I thought smirking.

Edward turns to me and slightly glares and I winked at him. He shakes his head smiling and turns to dad.

"Chief Swan. I wanted to formally introduce myself. I am Edward Cullen"

Edward extends his hand and dad grunts a hello while shaking Edward's hand.

"I won't keep Bella out too late tonight. We're just going to go play baseball with my family" Edward said making dad revealed.

"Bella's going to play baseball?" Dad asked, making Edward nod.

Bella looks surprised but quickly hides it. Dad turns to me and chuckles.

"She's going to play baseball?" dad asked again.

"Yes, sir, that's the plan," Edward said.

Dad nods, he was going to sit back down but stops when Edward clears his throat. Dad, Bella, and I turn to him.

"I was wondering if Annie can come with us?" Edward asks making me frown.

"Sorry, can't do. I'm grou-"

"No you're not" dad quickly cuts me off.

I turn to him confused.

"What, but you said last-"

"That was 24 hours ago. Today is a whole new day. So you're ungrounded for today" Dad said.

Edward smirked at me and Bella smiled

"That's not how it goes," I argue.

"You don't like it when I ground you. You don't like it when I unground you. Women, make up your mind" dad said.

Twilight: AnneMarie Charlotte SwanOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara