New Moon 9: I don't like wolves

Just as I expected the following week, Jake wouldn't text or call us back. Dad and Harry were at the kitchen table checking their fishing gears while I was packing them some sandwiches. Bella was on the phone, leaving another message. You could tell her desperation was reaching its peak.

"Jacob, please call me," Bella said before hanging up the phone.

"Bells, honey he has mono," dad says.

Bella nods but I scoffed they turn to me and Harry frowns.

"He's too sick to even call?" I asked raising my eyebrow at him.

"You just gotta wait it out," dad said sighing.

I rolled my eyes and continue to pack their lunch.

"You know... I don't have to go fishing" dad said,

I dropped the spoon that was filled with mayo, great all of this just for nothing. I deeply sighed and began to put the things away.

"No, Annie and I could do something. We'll just call Jess or someone" she said forcing a smile.

"Alright, but stay here or at Jess's. No hiking or anything. We're issuing a warning about those bears" dad said and I turned to him.

"Bears?" I asked looking at Harry.

"Yeah, some bears are terrorizing the area," he said making me laugh.

"What did I say?" he asked as I laugh.

Harry was frowning at me which made me laugh even more.

"Oh, that's gold. Bears? How cute" I said going back to making the sandwiches.

I notice that Bella left us, thinking she's going to her room again. After thirty minutes later I was outside watching dad and Harry washing their fishing gears. Suddenly Bella bursts in, out of breath and I ran towards her.

"Bella? What's wrong?" I asked holding her.

She turns to dad and Harry who were being us.

"They're not giant bears--- I saw them, Annie. I saw them and they're not bears" Bella said trying to catch her breath.

"Damn it, I told you not to go into the woods" dad scrolled Bella.

"what did you see, Bella?" Harry asked concerned.

Bella turns to me with wide eyes.

"Wolves. Annie, I saw wolves" she said.

I turn to Harry and he was staring at me worried.

"Five of them. They're holy shit, they're the size of-of cars. I swear. They went after-- something-- and I ran" Bella said as dad pulls out his cell phone.

"Harry, can you get some men from the rez?" dad asked as he dials

Harry turns to me and I give him a sad smile and then he sighs.

"Sure, yeah," he said.

I take Bella inside the house into her room. I pushed her inside before locking the door shut. I turn to her angry and she knew I was mad at her.

"The first thing dad says, the first thing you do. What the hell? Hiking up the damn woods? Knowing it's dangerous-"

"Laurent showed up," she said making me stare at her stunned.

"Damn it, Bella. You could have gotten hurt. Worse you could have gotten killed by that fucken killer" I screamed at her.

"They went after him" Bella whispered at him.

Twilight: AnneMarie Charlotte SwanOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara