New Moon 7: hello friends

The next morning I told Bella about my plan and since I wasn't grounded anymore I was able to go anywhere. Bella and I ate our breakfast and headed to the junkyard. And honestly, I expected a little more than this but hey, it's a junkyard. Well, in the end, we got two pretty usable bikes for cheap. After the junkyard, we went over to Jakes. Bella honked the horn letting Jake know that someone was approaching. Turning off the engine, we walked to the shed as Jake came out wiping off his hand with a rag. He gave us a big smile, but I knew it for Bella.

"Bella, Annie where have you two been, locas" Jake says as he hugs us, and of course, he had to hug Bella a little longer.

Jake turns me and smiles.

"Never knew you had it in you. But I must say that right hook was pretty deadly" Jake smirked.

I laughed at him and Bella smiles. 

"Well, we brought you something," I tell Jake and he stares at us confused.

"It's a little crazy I know," she says as she reveals the broken motorcycle.

"Wow, scrap metal. You shouldn't have" Jake says sarcastically making me smile.

"It's from the junkyard," Bella says shyly. 

Jake and I gave her the no-really look. Bella continues, 

"It'll probably cost more to fix them than they're worth, but then we thought if we had a mechanic friend to help us out." Jake understood what she was getting at.

"Oh, I being the mechanic friend," he says with a smile.

She nods hoping he'll help us. 

"But since when have you been into them?" He asks Bella, she looks over at me and biting her lips.

"Always have, been I been too scared to ride them. But since I'm not really doing anything I thought this can be a good way for us to hang out. I get it if you think this is stupid and reckless." 

"Yea its stupid and reckless," Jake says chuckles and Bella frowns. 

"So when do we start?" he asks making Bella and I smile. 

And just like that Jake accepted. I'm sure he only agreed to help out because it was Bella. Any chance he got to be with Bella he'll take it. We started working on the bikes, Jake was telling us what we should do. Bella tried helping but it didn't end well for her. So she just stayed back and watch Jake and I do our thing. Halfway I asked Jake if I go use his bathroom, he took me to his house which was empty and I was so glad. I didn't want to see Billy right now. Jake told me he'll go back to the shed. 

Coming out of the bathroom, Billy, Harry, and Sam were having a small discussion. I froze when Harry stared at me. Shit, I thought. I didn't know what to say or do. I mean I punched his daughter in his own home. I stood there awkwardly. 

"Don't be so afraid, Annie. Come" Harry said. 

Slowly I went to sit down on the couch next to Sam. I didn't know what I was doing here but it seems like it was important so I stayed quiet. 

"My daughter, Leah she's going through a rough break up," Harry said.

I turn to Sam and he nods. Turning back to Harry.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have punched your daughter in your home," I said looking down. 

"Annie, it's okay. I'm just disappointed that you took the violent way. I didn't expected you to do that" Harry said frowning.

"Going through a rough breakup" I used his line and he frowned.

"Annie," Billy says and I turn to him.

"We know that you girls know about the Cullens and what they are," Billy said.

I frown at him then looked at Sam and he wasn't looking at me. I turn to Billy and nodded.

"Yeah.... they're all adopted," I said.

I don't know what they want from me but I wasn't going to tell them anything. Even though Jasper hurt me I wasn't going to tell anyone their secrets. 

"Annie. You know that isn't what I meant" Billy sighed.

"I'm sorry Billy. But I don't understand" I said pretending not to know.

"Annie, the Cullens are bad," Sam said making me frown.

"You're one to talk. If they're bad then what makes you guys? The good guys? Don't think so" I said getting up.

"We're not trying to-"

"I understand you guys are worried. But you guys don't have too. They're gone, they left... Isn't that what you guys wanted? For them to leave? You guys don't even know them like we do. They aren't the bad guys, Sam. They're just misunderstood. And here I thought, you all of the people should understand that"I said staring at Sam.

"We're not the same, Annie," he said frowning.

"But that's where you're wrong. You guys are. You should see it before you do something you regret" I said before leaving them in the house.

I walked back to the shed and notice Embry and Quil there. So I decided to scare them but before I could get the chance Bella ruined it for me.

"Annie you took your time," Bella said making them turn to me.

"Oh, Annie!" Embry said coming to me.

"Great, I was going to scare them"I whined.

Embry laughed and hugged me so did Quil. 

"All hail Annie" 

Embry said as him and Quil bowed to me. 

"What are you guys doing?" I asked laughing at them.

"We saw the black eye you left Leah," Embry said smirking

"And it ain't pretty" Quil comment.

"Yeah I just meet with her dad," I said turning to the house.

"What happened?" Bella asked.

"Nothing much, I apologized,"I said.

"So everything is good?" Jake asked wiping his hands. 

"Ehh, I guess?" I said shrugging.

They gave me a confused look but I didn't clary what I meant by it. Since they were here we stopped with the bikes and went to hang out. We went to Embry's house and watched scary movies. Bella and I sat on the couch while Jake sat on the floor in front of Bella and Embry sat in front of me. Quil sat on the other small couch. We watched movies until night and I loved every single moment. I felt like an actual teenager, watching movies, eating junk food, hanging out with friends. For right now we weren't thinking about vampires trying to kill us nor were we thinking about what will the future bring us. At this moment, we were just teenagers having fun.