Campfire

3rd POV:

The following afternoon when William and Hazel returned to the Cullen's house it was awkward and quiet. No one said anything, no one moved from their place, they watched Hazel come in and sat by the fireplace. They didn't know how to act around her, they didn't know if she wanted to be alone or if she wanted them to act like nothing happen. They didn't want to make her feel any different just because she's a newborn but they didn't know how to act. She was a different kind of vampire. 

They continue to stare at Hazel for a while, surprisedly it was Rosalie who broke the silence. She went to sit next to Hazel and talked to her. Rosalie would ask Hazel random questions. Although Hazel didn't talk back she would nod or shook her head. But it meant a lot to Hazel that it was one of the Cullens who came first. This means that they didn't want to make her feel any different. Truth be told, Hazel's reaction after she attacked Leah made Rosalie think of Jasper. The day he hurt Annie because she got a paper cut, the way she moved, the way she fought against her own sibling it brought back memories. And Rosalie didn't like the expression her brother had after he realized he hurt his mate. It broke him, it made him feel more like a monster. And at that moment, Hazel reminded Rosalie of Jasper. Because of that, she didn't want Hazel to feel at fault. Every vampire had their weak points. Besides Rosalie like's Hazel, even though she hasn't heard her voice or seen her face, she like the way Hazel makes her feel. She fills the empty gap she has in her heart. In a strange way, Hazel reminds Rosalie of Annie and perhaps that's why she doesn't want her to feel down. 

As Rosalie and Hazel continue to chat, Kate and Charlotte came to join in. The four girls chatted, well Hazel would nodd, but nonetheless, they were having a conversation. William turned to Rosalie and mouth a 'thank you', Rosalie just smiled at him and continue her conversation with the girls. William went over to the boys and started their conversation. William would often turn to Hazel to make sure she was alright. Despite the fact no one can see her face, William knew Hazel better than anyone and he knew she wasn't doing alright. But she was hanging in there for the sake of the others. She didn't want anyone to think of her as weak, she didn't like the fact that she wasn't like Bella who had self-control. She wanted to have a control of her thirst before meeting with Jasper but that wasn't going to happen. Perhaps they will help each other with their small problem together. Everyone began doing their normal things, once again the boys went over the battle plan and the girls began talking about random things. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When night fell they all looked at each other before heading out into the woods. As snow falls, the vampires plus Jacob had set up a small camp in the woods. Benjamin, Tia, and Hazel were sitting on a log when Jacob comes carrying some woods and drops it on the ground. Benjamin uses his powers and lite one finger on fire, but Hazel lights up four fingers and threw it on the woods to start a fire. Jacob and Tia laughed at their competitive behavior. Ever since Benjamin began teaching Hazel his powers they would have competitions to see who would do it better. Surprising it always ends up being a tied. Now they'll find any excuse to use their gifts and make anything a competition. 

"That's what I'm talkin' about. A little pre-battle bonfire. Telling war stories," Jacob sits next to Benjamin and looks across, he sees the other vampire standing far from them. 

"Or just stand there like frickin' statues," Jake sighs, Tia and Hazel laugh, Hazel laughs silently, and Benjamin smirks. Suddenly Garrett is sitting next to them by the fire. 

"Name any American battle. I was there," Garrett said smirking. 

"Little Bighorn," Jacob said and Garrett's smirk widens. 

"I came this close to biting Custer, but the Indians got him first," suddenly Kate sits on Garrett's laps and turns to Jacob.

"Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople. He didn't win that one on his own," Kate said as Garrett wrapped his arm around Kate's waist.  The Liam and his coven join in.