New Moon 10: Another wound

Once again I'm having nightmares, horrible nightmares about Jasper. But they're not like before this time it's about him killing me. He actually rips out my heart and he laughs. Like wtf, who does that? These dreams are keeping me awake. So I went down to Bella's room and she was awake. I climbed into her bed and laid my head on her chest. I liked listening to her heartbeat, I find it amazing, weird I know.

It was silent until we heard a knock on the window. We both stared at it confused who would be outside this hour. Bella slowly walks over and gives a relief sighs. She opens the window and I saw Jake come through the window, I stayed in bed not wanting him near me. I'm still angry and bitter right now. Apparently Jake didn't understand when I said 'don't get near me, meant don't get near me'. He came in and sit next to be on the bed. I stayed quiet and he frowns apologizing.

"For what?" Bella asked confused to why he was apologizing.

"Apologies won't cut it, Jake. Why not explain yourself" I said.

I knew he couldn't tell us, I just wanted to mess with him. See if he would actually tell us.

"I wish I could explain, but I literally... can't," he said frowning.

"Then do us a favor and leave. You're done with us, remember? Oh, wait no you're done with the leeches pets" I glared at him.

"Annie, it's not like it just..."

"Just what Jake? You fucken kicked me in the guts. That shit you said to me hurts, it was disappointing hearing it from you" I said.

Jake stares at me with his sad puppy eyes.

"Have you two ever had a secret you couldn't tell anyone? One that wasn't for you to share? Well, that's what it's like for me. But worse. You two have no idea how tight I'm bound." Jake says.

For a split second, I felt bad for him and I understood him. I knew what he was talking about. I knew he was acting like this because he was angry. He wants to tell us that he's a wolf, but he couldn't because of an alpha order.

"I,uh, we hate this. We hate what they done to you." Bella tells him.

Jakes looks at me with such sad eyes. He looks at my left shoulder the one with James' bitemark. He narrows his eyes and I could see the hate in them. Poor Jake, he really cares.

"I mean, the killer part is that you two already know. I know that you know, Annie. Sam said you know something but he won't tell us. But I know that you know something because you're way too smart" he said making me crack a smile.

Jake pauses and looks down before he continues.

"Bella, remember at the beach when I told you about the story?" She nods.

"The story about the cold one." Bella says, making him frown.

"I can understand why that's the only reason you'll remember it," Jake says.

It got quiet until Bella speaks up.

"There's got to be something that you can do?" Bella asked him, more like she suggested.

"No, I'm in this for life" Jakes replies sadly.

"Maybe we should get out of here, Just leave this stupid town. Just you, Bella and I" I said making them all stare at me wide eyes.

"You would do that?" Jake asked me and I nod.

"But why? You sai-"

"I know what I said Jake and I know what you said. But I'll do it for you. I can see that you're as miserable as I am. Let's leave, we can go anywhere you'll like. Just say the word" I tell him staring into his eyes.