Eclipse 11: I lost you

When we got home Rosalie and Emmett finished the final touches for the party. Bella and Annie came back with us. Alice and Rosalie took Annie and Bella to Alice's room for some girl time. Bella didn't want to go but Annie asked her to come so she went, involuntarily. I stayed behind with the guys in the living room waiting for our girls to come back. I would often look up to the room and wonder what's going on with Annie.

"She's doing okay," Edward said and I look at him.

"For now," I said looking up at the second floor. Carlisle came and gently squeezed my shoulder.

"Jasper--"

"No, we all know. Her heart is giving up. It's not beating normally. She's dying, I know it and so do you,"I told them and this time they didn't say anything, they just stared at me with pity.

"The worst part of it all.... she knows, she knows she's dying--"I stopped talking when Alice, Rosalie, Bella, and Annie came downstairs. Annie turns to me with a small smile and I walked up to her.

"You look beautiful," I told her before taking her hand. With each passing day, her body temperature gets colder and colder.

Annie smiles and nods. We began dancing, I didn't care that we were the first ones dancing in an empty room. I wanted to make her feel special, let her know that I need her with me that I cannot be without her. Eventually, more and more people began showing up and yet we didn't stop slow dancing. However, with more people coming in I felt myself get tense, uncomfortable with all the humans in here. But I didn't want to leave, I wanted to let Annie have a normal date for one. She didn't go to her prom because of me, the least I could do is let her enjoy her graduation party. At some point, Annie saw my struggle and lead us away from the party. We ended up in my bedroom, on the balcony.

"Thank you,"I told her and she smiles at me.

"Anything for you," she said and I nod, I didn't know how to respond to that.

"Annie, talk to me.... please"I begged her, instead of answering she looks out into the woods. She continues to look out for a couple of minutes before sighing and turns to me with a grave expression. She takes my hand, lead us to the bed, and she turns to me. I have a bad feeling about this.

"Jasper, you know I love you, right?" she asked and I nod.

"That I would do anything for you," she said and once again I nod.

"There's something you need to know about me and I don't know how you'll react"I stared at her confused. What does she mean?

"But know that I love you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Without you I am nothing," Annie starts to cry.

"Shh, baby, don't cry...you don't have to tell me if you don't want too," I said wiping away her tears. However, she shook her head.

"No, I have to tell you. I can't keep it a secret any longer. It's driving me insane, I don't know how long I have left--"

"Annie, what do you mean?" I asked getting scared. She knows whats happening to her and she isn't telling me.

"Jasper, I am not fr--" Alice barges into the room, looking alarmed and scared. She looks at Annie worried.

"We're in trouble," Alice said.

We followed Alice into another room. I didn't realize that pretty much everyone already left. The whole family plus three of the wolves were in the room. Alice looked worried, something was troubling her. The wolves turned to Annie, all still worried for her, Annie turned to him and slightly smiled at them. I stood next to Annie, holding her close to me.