11. More Dead Chicken

Three weeks of busy work schedule, Dong Fu hardly got some breathing time to spend. He desired to live a simple life but it's difficult to change old habits, especially for someone who was as workaholic as him. He was getting more and more addicted to working, day after day.

When he reached home, he saw a courier package was outside his door. Lala sniffed it and started wagging her tail. 'More dead chicken.' He called the building security fellow and told him to dispose it off as usual.

He took a nice warm bath, changed into a fresh set of pajamas. He sat on his bed and looked at the laptop that was still untouched. He sighed, he wanted to see what was on it, but he was too lazy to do it like every other day. He switched off the lights and went to sleep.

He was woken up in the middle of the night by a phone call, the caller was an unknown number. The blank calls started from the day he met Yuna. If he didn't pick up, someone would ring his doorbell. He asked the security fellow, but he was an old man who would drift to sleep in the middle of the night.

One reason he got Lala home was it was safer for him with her around. When they would ring the doorbell, Lala would bark so fiercely, that one ringing the doorbell would panic that the neighbours would wake up and stop. He picked up the phone call and fired some bad words in French and went back to sleep again. The reason he picked up was, he recorded all the calls to prove that he was being harassed, if it came to that.

The next day was a Sunday. Dong Fu took Lala for a walk, played with her in the park for an hour then returned. He fixed breakfast for himself and finally switched on the laptop. He went through everything he could find in detail.

He clicked on a folder that was named empty, he opened it there was another folder named empty. He kept opening one after another. Dong Fu rolled his eyes, there were more than ten empty folders.

He thought it was natural for Sui to do weird things like these. There were five folders in the last empty folder, one was named Wang Constructions, the other was named Lin Estates, the third was Yuna and the last two were named empty.

He double-clicked on the folder named Wang Constructions, there were too many documents in there, some blueprints related to something he couldn't understand. It looked like some complicated building structure. There was a project report comprising details related to hydro-electric Dam construction. He went through the blueprints once again. The complicated building structure was blueprints of the dam.

There was an ID card of Wang Construction company employee with his face and name 'Feng Sui', a job offer letter dated a year before the accident. "Did you work for this company before?" Dong Fu munched on his last sandwich. Everything in that folder was dated a year ago from his accident and related to the dam construction.

Next, he opened the LIN Estates folder. There were some legal documents, a patent to a generator. LIN estates was holding company of LIN constructions. There were different machine designs. He also found a patent agreement but only a draft of it.

"So Wang construction was going to build the dam whereas LIN Constructions were going to install the generator? Doesn't make sense, both the entities are construction companies." Dong Fu scratched his head.

He checked the third party's name on the patent agreement. He web searched it, the person was an engineer. Two months before Sui's accident, the engineer sold the patent to a company, which is now a subsidiary of Wang Constructions. However, the agreement draft that he had found on the laptop between the engineer and LIN Construction.

This information was too much to understand. He closed the LIN Estates folder and opened the folder named Yuna. His eyes widened with, they were all Yuna's photos with different guys, and there were also nude photos. "So, Sui stalked Yuna in real? But what he did he use all these photos for?"