80. Fate

Like every other day, Dong Fu had prepared breakfast for his sweetheart. The warm steam wafting from the bowl caressed his face. He smiled as he entered the room to find the bed empty. He heard the running water in the bathroom. He kept the bowl on the table and proceeded to do the chores. The sheets on the bed were crumbled, he folded the thick winter blanket and changed the sheets into fresh ones. Though there were maids to do that, Dong Fu didn't want them to interfere. He opened the curtains to see the frozen land. He missed the warm sunlight and the fresh smell of grass. He wondered when they would be able to go back to their normal lives.

Liang had been moved from the medical room to Dong Fu's bedroom a few days ago. Though his wounds were healed, there was still swelling left. The doctor visited twice a day to check his condition. He would require at least four more weeks to heal completely. He was not allowed to lift heavy objects or workout until further instructions. He could move freely, but there were a lot of restrictions. Life for him had also changed to a great extent.

Sam and his wife went back to Beijing after things cooled down. Though there weren't any signs of danger, Dong Fu made sure there were people keeping watch on Sam. The same arrangement was made for Daniel and his family.

The water in the bathroom had stopped running, the door was opened and walked out a man with a towel tied around his waist. The majestic man had lost weight, but his complexion improved day by day. The scar on the chest made Dong Fu's stomach turn cold. The red, purple edges around the wound made his heart ache. He averted his gaze and opened the drawer. He took out an ointment and a gauze.

"Why don't I find you in bed after I wake up?" Liang asked as he loosened the towel around his waist. The white clothing fell on the floor, making Dong Fu blush. It wasn't that he hadn't seen it earlier, but looking at its size, Dong Fu had doubts about his lover's thoughts. Dong Fu had already picked out clothes for Liang to wear. Liang ignored the man's shy gazes and wore pants. Dong Fu was a little relieved after a certain part was covered. He walked towards the taller pretending to be unaffected. He gently applied the cream, dressing the wound.

Dong Fu smiled at the man who was gawking at him intimately. Dong Fu avoided his stare and moved to wash his hands. When he returned, Liang had made himself comfortable on a couch, sitting in front of the burning wood. The warm orange hallow radiated on his face. Dong Fu walked to him and started drying his hair with a towel. "You didn't answer my question," Liang stated as he allowed the young man to wipe the droplets of his neck.

"I wake up at five am. My instructor expects me to be at the gym by five-thirty." Dong Fu replied. He walked to the drawer, pulling out a hairdryer. He plugged the wire and started drying Liang's hair. Liang grinned as he felt Dong Fu's fingers passing through his hair. The gentle touch made him feel at home.

"I wish I could wake up at the same time as you. I hate medicines, they make me sleep longer." Liang complained.

Dong Fu chuckled, "You don't have a say on that." Liang enjoyed the tender comfortable feeling. He adored the way Dong Fu's fingers ran through his hair. Once his hairs were dried, Dong Fu switched off the dryer and unplugged it. "I have prepared chicken congee for you. Finish it quickly, you have to take your pills after that." He walked near the bed and opened a drawer to multiple pill bottles. He felt a pair of hands wrapped around him.

Liang's warm breath tickled his ears. Through the thin layer of clothes, he could feel the other's erection poking him. Dong Fu nibbled his lower lip ignoring the heat rising in his own body. Liang observed that his lover wasn't paying attention to him and licked the other's ear. Dong Fu flinched and turned his face to glare at Liang. "Your breakfast?"