20. Memories of Past (part 2)

Dong Fu received an urgent phone call from the board, so he had to leave the company. The company was investing in a new project. There were issues raised by the investors concerning the return policy. Richard White couldn't be reached on his phone nor he was in the company. Dong Fu rushed to solve the incoming threat. After hours of speaking and convincing, the investors agreed to invest in the project.

However, the deadline was the next day and he had to finish the work, so he returned back to the company. By the time he reached it was already two am. He hit the laptop and started working. By the time he finished preparing the financial analysis, it was already ten o'clock in the morning. He felt tired and his eyes dropped due to lack of sleep.

On the way to his home, he stopped at a gift shop to make some purchases. After reaching home, he fed Lala and the kittens. He had a nice warm bath and was about to fall on his soft bed, his phone rang again. The financial analysis he had submitted had a slight variance. He sighed, he changed his clothes into casual ones and went back to the company, since he wouldn't need much time to take a look and approve them.

He wore a white shirt and jeans, his hair was messy and his attire was very casual. Many failed to recognize him. After taking care of the issue, more work arrived at his desk. He sighed and decided to approve them before they would be submitted to the board for approval.

Tao came to discuss with him some work-related issues. Liang had signed contract with a clothing brand six months ago. The client had paid the fees but the same was not paid to the actor nor the agent.

This was just an excuse Tao had come up with, he knew that the department had already approved for the release of their cut but the accounts department was acting lazy. What Tao stopped by was to know what had happened between Dong Fu and Liang.

Liang had already mentioned some things in brief but he wanted to know the other's side of the story. He saw the person buried in paperwork. He had lost weight over the last week due to his injury and work pressure. Tao saw the man's tired face and asked, "You okay?"

"Yeah, you need something?" Dong Fu glanced at him once and then continued working.

"Are you free to talk for five minutes?" Tao asked.

Dong Fu showed his beautiful smile, though he looked very tired he was still able to capture one's attention well. He nodded at Tao.

"Did something happen between you and Liang?" Tao asked, feeling a little embarrassed. It was something personal and he was a third party.

Liang had given him a rough idea about Feng Sui's past, if not in detailed. But he didn't believe the man sitting in front of him had any problems. The person always treated everyone well, his judgment and leadership skills were better than Richard White.

Dong Fu looked at the other person puzzled, "Is that what he told you?"

"No, I am here just to...." Tao didn't know what to say further. He really felt awkward.

"Isn't Liang just busy?" Dong Fu asked.

Tao smiled clumsily, "Yeah, a little busy. Did you try contacting him?"

"Several times, but there was no reply from the other side. Did I........." Dong Fu sighed before continuing, "Did I say something that made him upset? Is that why you are here?" His eyes dropped down in grief, they had immense pain hidden inside.

"Ummm..." Tao didn't know how to respond. Looking at him speechless Dong Fu stated, "I don't know what I have done wrong, but I will send him something as an apology." He smiled lightly.

Tao nodded, he didn't know if that was a good idea, but it was worth a try. This person didn't have any memories from his past nor he knew what he did wrong. But was still ready to apologize. Tao sighed in his brain, Liang didn't deserve this person's attention.