61. Children at War

Dong Fu sat comfortably on the couch with his legs crossed, one above the other. He was wearing an expensive raven black three-piece suit. It had fine charcoal-colored lines on it, which looked elegant and professional on him. The white shirt and black tie complemented with each other like a match made in heaven. His hairs were set back with gel, showing his clear white forehead. He had a Rolex in his left hand and a thin platinum chain bracelet on his right wrist. His right hand was placed on his knee and the right resting on the armrest. He was looking outside the window, lost deep in his thoughts. The sunlight sparkled his beautiful blue eyes and magnified the beauty of the face, which had a small smile carved on it.

A young woman came and placed a cup of black coffee on the glass table in front of him. The sound of her high heeled shoes broke Dong Fu from his thoughts. He looked at her and smiled. The young woman blushed red, fluttering her eyelashes flirtatiously before she left.

Dong Fu looked at the coffee on the table, there was a tissue placed beside it. There was a phone number written on it. He picked up the tissue and smirked. He took out his phone and started dialing a number. He knew the girl was watching from the corner. She had more three ladies surrounding her and gossiping, sneaking glances in his direction. Dong Fu waited for the person to pick up. He exchanged a few words with the person on the other side of the phone.

After he was done talking, he placed the tissue and his phone back on the table. He reached out in his inner pocket and took out another phone and buried himself in typing. His lips had curved up into a beautiful heartwarming smile.

Within five minutes the young woman's phone rang. Her heart fluttered and the others around her were jealous thinking she hit the mark. Many had seen her showing up in front of their boss with a cup of coffee. They wondered if it was so easy to catch his attention. If it was, they would have done it a long time ago.

Everyone's eyes were on the young woman. She saw the caller ID and her eyebrows wrinkled. It was her superior. Sam and Tao, who were watching from far had placed bets on what the phone call was about. She picked up the call and said hello. She heard yelling and shouting from the other side. After the phone call was done, she burst into tears and collapsed on the floor.

Dong Fu saw the phone placed on the table blink lights. He rose and picked it up, before walking away. Sam patted on Tao's shoulders. "I won, you owe me one grand." He chuckled before walking towards the woman. He gave the collapsed, crying creature a tissue. The employees had gathered around her, asking what happened. She sobbed before speaking, "I was fired. I was fired for being nice... What did I do wrong?"

The employees gave her a sympathetic look. For some reason, after the kidnapping incident, their boss seemed to have turned colder towards everyone.

Sam smiled, "First, you approached him with something which wasn't work-related. Second, you served him a wrong drink. Third, you tried to flirt with him. Fourth, you interrupted his thoughts, that's what got you fired." He chuckled and walked away in the direction Dong Fu had left.

After he was gone, everyone turned their heads in the direction of Tao. "What? Why are you staring at me like that?" He asked.

"It's all Wang Liang's fault." They all said in unison. Tao dashed away before everyone would start beating him.

It had been a month since the chief was arrested. Dong Fu's wounds were healed, though his leg gave him a little trouble. He was forbidden to go to the gym for a while. No workout meant he had to keep his diet raw and as healthy as possible. This made him cranky. The therapy session suggested to him, made the doctor want to give up his profession. The man was sarcastic and cruel every time they had a session.