55. Broken Doll

Liang jerked up from his sleep. His entire back was covered in cold sweat. His breathing was heavy and he panted. 'It was only a nightmare,' he assured himself.

He pushed the sheets aside and sat at the edge of the bed. He sighed and reached out for his phone to check the time. It was three am. He rested his face in his palms. The nightmare was terrible.

He rose up and walked to his window. He pushed the curtains aside and saw the calm and quiet city outside. Other than his heart, everything else was at peace.

It had been four days since Dong Fu had disappeared and there was no news from the police. There was not a single call asking for ransom. These days Liang hadn't eaten properly nor slept. All he wished was to turn time back and reject that dinner. He had confronted Yang repeatedly, but the man only laughed.

Liang took his phone and dialed a number. After four rings, a man with a British accent picked up the call. "Daniel, I need help," Laing spoke.

"I am always here. What's the issue?" Daniel asked.

After a moment of silence, Liang sighed, "I want to get rid of Yang."

"Finally, we should have done it a long time ago. And about Feng Sui, don't worry. I have some people working on it. I will email you the details once we find something. But promise me you won't go alone to look for him. Take someone with you. This could be dangerous." Daniel replied.

"Yeah, I will take Sam with me. Please find him." After which Liang hung up. He felt weak, for not having the power to help his baby. He had money, but no connections, not like his friend did.

Dong Fu slowly gained consciousness. His body was burning hot and the wound on his thigh ached a lot. His head was bowed down and drops of sweat ran down his nose. He tried to gain his senses. The room was still the same, but Jia Shihao and the chief was gone. The man whom he called the virus was sitting on a chair reading a book.

Dong Fu's hands were still tied. His leg wound was open, though it wasn't bleeding anymore, it hurt. "What's your name?" Dong Fu asked as he regained his senses. His voice was hoarse and his body shivered due to fever.

"There is no use knowing my name. You won't see me again after all of this is over." He replied as he turned the page.

"Where is that dog, Jia?" Dong Fu asked.

The man raised his head up, his lips curved up into a crescent smile. "You have guts, I will give you that. I guess you get that in your blood. I can answer your first question. People in my line of work call me O." He rose up from his chair and walked to a nearby freezer. His back was turned to Dong Fu.

"What kind of fucking name is 'O'?" Dong Fu asked.

"That's a code, only a few people know my real name." He replied without turning back. Dong Fu could hear a rustling sound, then the man turned back. He had a syringe in his hand.

He smiled and walked towards Dong Fu, "What the fuck is that?" The younger one asked.

"Oh, this... Since I torture little animals, I have to make sure they live until I have my fill." 'O' held on to Dong Fu's arm and applied cotton dipped in the alcohol. Then inserted the needle in Dong Fu's vein. He hissed in pain.

"Will this kill me?" Dong Fu asked.

The man lifted Dong Fu's chin and looked straight into his eyes, "I won't dare to kill you. I have to follow orders. But I can play, you are a very beautiful doll after all."