16. It's Happening Again

Dong Fu was ready to move into his new apartment. It had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, one with a bathtub and another with a standing shower and kitchen with dining. The house was equipped with all the essentials. But he only rented it for a single reason, it came with a big balcony and his own terrace on top of it.

The apartment was situated on the top floor. The entire society had three buildings and a nice garden with a tall compound wall. The neighbourhood was quite nice and secure. So no more ice cream trucks, dead chickens or anyone to spy on him within these walls. One-third of his salary would go on paying rent, but it's not a crime to live a comfortable life.

His balcony had a nice patio swing where one could just chill and look at the city view from the top. He had someone convert the terrace into a small garden with beautiful red and white roses planted at its edges. The happiest one on the planet was Lala, who could smell dirt and grass on the terrace and breath cool air.

Dong Fu's life was getting better. He was less lonely but that was life, he had to accept and live it. He invited Sam and his wife over for dinner. Sam had informed his wife that Feng Sui was an old acquaintance of him.

After the night at the bar, Dong Fu had sent texts to Liang, but there was no reply from the other side. After putting everything in place, he decided to go for grocery shopping. He wore casual clothing with a jeans jacket. His alluring looks attracted everyone's attention. He was followed by a husky who walked proudly next to him with an expression, 'Only a beauty deserves to walk besides my handsome master.'

Dong Fu felt a little weird like someone was watching him closely. He was aware of the people following him before, but this time it was different. He had a bad feeling about this.

He turned his back to take a look. Other than the weirdos following him, he found something new. His eyes flashed with excitement and lips curved up into the devil's chilly smile.

He knew what was coming and he was ready. It had been long since he had engaged himself in such exciting activity and his hands were feeling itchy.

He turned and went to the supermarket. He bought chicken, meat, eggs, and vegetables. He moved to the dairy section and Lala was left staring at a picture of sausages on an advertisement poster. Dong Fu was reading something on the package of cheese when he was startled by a hand around his shoulders. He saw a boy of his age smiling at him. He pushed him away with suspicion and checked to see if his wallet was still in place.

With peering gaze, he asked the stranger, "Who are you?"

The boy was appalled at his question, "What? You don't remember me? It's me Jerry...." Noticing that there was no response from Sui he continued, pointing at himself, "Jin, Wei Jin."

"Sorry. I don't know you." Dong Fu rejected with a stern expression.

Jerry raised both his hands in submit, "Woah, the rumours were true. How can you act so rude?"

Dong Fu smiled lightly, "I am sorry, but I was in an accident and don't remember anything, so please forgive my rudeness.

"Really? When did that happen? How did no one know? Well, maybe we would have if you kept in touch." Jerry came closer and whispered like he was trying to uncover a secret. "You really don't remember?"

"No, I don't." Dong Fu replied, he was interested in the person in front of him, his hairs were dyed rainbow and the left ear was pierced with six earrings. It was a little surprising for Sui to have such a lively friend.

Jerry scratched his chin, "Not even the time when you kissed me, calling me baby?"

People around them turned their head with wide eyes, Dong Fu was shocked at his remark too. He would never kiss a clown, but who knew if Sui had weird hobbies. "What? How can you say something like that? Why would I kiss you?" Dong Fu revolted back.