60. Rest in Peace

Recap

"I never held anything... And that gas cabin is from my garage. Of course, it will have my prints on it. It's mine." The chief started screaming at this point.

"And you need sleeping has to knock out what? your cars?" Ma Yo asked sarcastically.

"No, it's not a knockout gas. It's cleaning liquid in the container." The chief replied.

_________Chapter 60_________

"You just admitted that it's from your garage. We checked the content of the can and its knockout gas. You kidnapped Feng Sui." Ma Yo accused the chief with more pressure.

The chief threw the chair back and jumped up. He was freaking out, "No, I didn't. I don't know what lies Feng Sui told, but there was no gas container. I swear I didn't see it in the cabin." The chief blurted.

"Oh, and I thought you had never seen the cabin before." Ma Yo smirked. "Not only did Feng Sui's story match perfectly. We also found knives and weapons which were used in several other murders before. All those which were blamed on Gu Yifieng under the help of your badge and authority." Ma Yo yelled it in his face. He was getting damn angry. The man who had sworn to protect the people had done something that had lost the faith in that promise.

The assistant chief patted on Ma Yo's shoulder to calm his temper down. The captain sighed, "You also killed Jia Shihao."

"No, I didn't. It was suicide. He felt guilty and burnt himself just like those people who died there decades ago." The chief replied hissing like an angry hyena.

Ma Yo leaned on his chair and spoke softly, "There was a kerosene poured all over him. We found the kerosene can nearby. It had your fingerprints on it. Jia Shihao and you planned all the earlier murders together. You were the one who killed the deputy, the judge, and the minister. When Jia Shihao confronted you, you killed him because he was a threat. You had other ulterior motives. You did it. You killed people." Captain Ma Yo was almost an inch face away from the chief barking at him, accusing him.

The chief shook his head after every accusation, but he couldn't take it anymore. He finally cracked, "I killed Jia Shihao, but I never killed the others. It was all Jia Shihao, he killed others to keep no witnesses behind that would hurt him or his career. I only killed a monster who was lurking around, killing people. He also wanted to kill Feng Sui, but I saved him. So what the fuck did I do wrong?"

Ma Yo smiled and was quiet, "We know."

The chief's eyes widened and he seemed to calm down. He collapsed down on the chair, "You know I didn't kill those people?" He asked Ma Yo.

The captain nodded and took out a tape. "We know you didn't kill the three people. You only disassemble them with the chainsaw. We obtained this recording on Jia Shihao's phone which was found cracked in one of the corners of the laboratory. I think it was mistakenly recorded while you two were arguing." He played the tape.

{Jia: "You traitor."

The Chief: "I swear I didn't do anything."

Jia: "You did this on purpose, you knew I was coming after all of you. After you found out that I killed the deputy and the others, you couldn't help but save to your ass. I should have killed you a long time ago."

The Chief: "I am the traitor? I wasn't the one who commanded back then to kill and burn all 41 people in the laboratory. It was you who was the monster."

Jia: "And you were the deputy chief at that time. Don't tell me you faked the evidence and buried the case because of me. You were greedy for money. I helped you all these years to get the position of the chief."