37. Christmas

After Dong Fu's prison visit, he returned to the company.

After he arrived, Sam was first one to come and visit him. Dong Fu chuckled, "How do you even know when I arrive at the company?"

"It's called parental instincts," Sam replied, smiling and raising his brows like he had won an award.

"Really?" Dong Fu asked with sparkles in his eyes.

"I was joking, you idiot. I informed the front desk to let me know when you arrive. Director Xie called earlier, the first grouping for the drama will be on December 22nd." Sam informed him.

"Cancel it, tell him I am in a Santa mode." Dong Fu rubbed both his hands together with excitement. "I am not attending any meeting on your birthday. We are going to celebrate it. How about a party at the Spring's Willow?" There was a little excitement in his voice.

Sam chuckled, he knew Dong Fu would reject the meeting, but he still had to ask. It brought him immense happiness listening to Dong Fu's words. He adjusted his glasses and said, "You should know, that balance in your bank account isn't sufficient to pay for the party."

"Why am I so poor?" Dong Fu pouted then continued. "Oh, can we send gifts to someone in prison?"

"Yeah, I wanted to ask you about it. How did it go?" Sam asked.

Dong Fu told Sam everything in detail. "He spoke nicely to me. So, until I suspect otherwise, I will treat him better. I was thinking of sending him some gifts for the Christmas."

Sam sighed, his friend's new life was very complicated, "Nowadays, in prisons, they maintain an online account for each prisoner, where their daily wage gets deposited for the odd jobs they do. So, the best you can do is send him some money. He can use it to buy things from the prison catalog. Anything else will probably get stolen by other inmates or they might fight over it. You can try some books."

Dong Fu nodded, "Money is good. He said something about piano music. I searched everywhere, but I didn't find any music notes at springs willow. This feels suspicious, he specifically told me to find some particular music notes."

Dong Fu's face turned serious. "Also, he didn't want to speak about the past. That means there is definitely something there. I saw the way he looked at me like one would look at someone who is a family. And Sui knew about me having a crush on Liang. How did that happen?"

"At least we know Sui didn't have any sexual desires towards you. How weird that would be?" Sam said. "But if someone kept a close watch on you, clicking photos.. Maybe one could figure it out. There were times you and Liang met face to face at many events. The way you looked at him, it was obvious." Sam shrugged his shoulder.

"But it wasn't obvious to him, he even forgot about the kiss." Dong Fu frowned.

"Yeah, can we talk about that? You never told me about that incident." Sam inquired.

"You have to make a phone call to the director Xie informing him about me being on vacation." Dong Fu replied as he got busy on his laptop.

Sam's eyebrows twitched, "Can you not try to change the topic?"

Time passed quickly and so did Sam's birthday. Dong Fu didn't have enough money to buy him an expensive gift as he did in the past. So, he chose to be the chef and prepare some yummy food.

On twenty third Sam and his wife went on a vacation. Dong Fu looked at Gold who was back again at his place. Here they were, two lonely single dogs, spending holidays together. But at least Gold played with the cats. Dong Fu didn't have any company.