17. Feng Sui is a Bad Boy

Dong Fu was lying unconscious. All his clothes were soaked in blood. His hairs were drenched wet with a red substance, dripping down his face. A man held a piece of cloth to his head, trying to control the blood flow.

Sam rushed next to Dong Fu, "Sui, wake up, wake up right now, damn it." His voice was wobbly as he held Dong Fu's hands. "Don't you do this to me again." He leaned his head down on his chest to check if his heart was still beating.

"Do you know him?" The man who was holding Dong Fu's head asked.

"I am his friend, he... He..." Sam's voice was wavering as if he was going to cry.

"I am a cop, the ambulance will be here soon. Can you tell me what happened?" He asked.

"He went to get ice.. Ice-cream but he didn't come back so I came looking for him... He..." His hands were shaking as he spoke and held Dong Fu's hands tightly. He was extremely terrified looking at the person drenched in blood.

A man returned with a spilled container of ice-cream. "Boss, we found this." There were small traces of blood on it. He bowed down and whispered into the man's ears, "Boss, there is a lot of blood there and signs of struggle, looks like a gang fight."

The boss looked at Dong Fu's clothing and also Sam's, He checked Dong Fu's pockets, but there was no wallet in it. "This is no fucking gang fight. Okay, set up a perimeter. Get the forensic team to collect the evidence. Crime in this area, if the deputy chief hears about it, he will feed my badge to the K9s."

The ambulance arrived quickly, they rushed Dong Fu to the hospital. The cop earlier was captain of robbery and homicide department. Sam answered all the questions that he was asked. He kept his answers simple to avoid creating suspicion about Dong Fu's identity.

The detective sent some uniforms to Dong Fu's place to pick up Sam's wife and also verify his words. Sam took care of all the hospital paperwork. It was the same hospital where Sui was admitted earlier, so they pulled out all his previous medical records and informed the White's family.

Dong Fu was rushed into emergency surgery. Sam waited outside, his leg was shaking with fear and nervousness. The doors of the operating theatre opened quickly and Dong Fu was rushed out on the stretcher and was taken to another room.

"What is happening? How is he?" Sam rushed after them.

"Sir, please calm down and have a seat." A nurse blocked Sam's path and told him to sit. Sam waited for an hour to get some news. He paced up and down, his heart beating fast.

It was a few months before, he had rushed this man to the hospital and now it had happened again.

Dong Fu was brought back from the room on the stretcher, this time his clothes were changed into a hospital gown. They had cleaned all the blood of him. He was awake and smiling. Looking at his smug face, Sam relieved. They assigned him a room.

The first ones to talk to Dong Fu were the detectives. But Sam insisted to get a lawyer for Dong Fu. According to what the doctor said, there were no life-threatening wounds on Dong Fu's body. There was a huge cut on his shoulders going down to his back. There were no wound on his head, and the blood belonged to someone else.

The hospital did tests and they found more three different types of blood matches on Dong Fu's cloths. The clothes were taken into the evidence.

Dong Fu didn't argue with Sam, he knew what had actually happened and told the detectives, he would give his statement in the presence of his lawyer. After which he slowly drifted to sleep.

Sam arranged a lawyer for him, who arrived at the hospital immediately, the following morning. He belonged to the same firm as the one Sam had newly hired to look into Dong Fu's previous Will. Dong Fu spoke with his lawyer and was ready to give his statement. That night the detective had dug as much as information on Dong Fu as he could.