51. Trust no one (part 2)

"The thing was, they had never planned to let Gu Yifieng live. There were two reasons, one he knew what their plan was for the virus and the second was that he had previously replaced all the research in the facility. They had plans to destroy laboratory and thereby earn insurance money. Since everything kept there was high market research, it was well insured. They would have insurance money as well as research"

"Zaro contacted his contractor that Gu Yifieng got away. But some people had seen Zaro's face. They couldn't leave the witnesses alive. So, Zaro burnt the entire facility along with people working there."

"Gu Yifieng was wounded yet he first went to meet Lu Niang. They had planned to meet and run away somewhere with the research. But after what happened, they changed plans. Lu Niang went home, and so did Gu Yifieng. He was going to go on the run alone for now."

"Surprisingly, his brother was back. Nobody knows what happened there that night at their house. The house was burnt and they found a body. Everything was pinned down on Gu Yifieng and he became their scapegoat. He was declared as a wanted criminal for burning people alive as well as his brother. After which he was never found. Everyone thought that he died."

"Until seven years ago Zaro was killed. After the burning incident, Zaro maintained a low profile. I think he was paid enough money and he thought of taking a retirement. Not only that, but in the year of his death, he kept shifting and changing houses. He didn't use electronics, phone or cards like he was running from someone. I believe this killer 'A' found him."

"Now how I know all of this? I tracked Lu Niang's family history. Lu Niang's parents divorced when she seven. Her father abused her mother and that was the reason she filed for a divorce. Her mother got her custody, whereas her father took her younger brother who was four. After she turned eighteen, she came looking for her father. Her brother was only fifteen back then. Though they lived apart, they always maintained contact with each other. His name is Lu Xiao."

"Lu Xiao hated his father, after he turned eighteen he changed his name from Lu Xiao to Ling Xiao. Ling Xiao and Feng Sara Jin met in high school. Since then they were together. Lu Niang became close friends with her soon to be sister in law, 'Feng Sara Jin'. But due to her acting career, Sara Jin and Ling Xiao only maintained a friendship, though they were still close in private."

"After Lu Niang came from the facility that night, she went directly to her house. Nobody knew where she hid the research. She lied to the authorities and blamed Gu Yifieng for everything. The reason was, she knew Yifieng was being framed also how powerful these people were. At that moment all she cared about was her unborn child."

"After a month she told Sara Jin not only that she was pregnant, but also what happened on the night at the research facility. She asked her not to mention it to anyone, because she wanted to keep her child safe. If they found out that she had research they would come for her."

"After six months she disappeared. That was when Sara Jin got worried and told Ling Xiao everything. The two kept searching for her after a year and a half the authorities called their father informing that Lu Niang was shot dead in her rented apartment."

"Lu Niang's autopsy showed she had given birth many months before she died. She was hiding very well. But they found her eventually. Her brother still doesn't know how the bad guys found her."

"There was no sign of the child anywhere. Ling Xiao and Sara Jin secretly started looking for the baby. They didn't inform anyone about it. After five years when they found Feng Sui, they got him home. They started living normally, busy working at their entertainment company."

"Things went smoothly until they met Micheal Owens, who was interested in investing in some movie. He was a pervert and he liked young beauties. He would invest money in movies to get the actors in bed, I guess?"