63. Promise of death

The warm water washed down the weight Dong Fu had been carrying the entire day. His body felt relaxed and mind clear. He simply stood beneath the shower, with his eyes closed, savoring the ten minutes of peace and time alone. The pure scent of roses surrounded the stunning, masterpiece art that his body was. He smiled and opened his eyes. Things were going according to his plans and he couldn't feel more satisfied. Struggles for a few months ahead and he would be free to live a life just as he wanted.

After he was done with the shower, he wore pajamas and walked into the living room. He picked up his phone and saw that it was five am. He wanted to sleep for an hour or two before rushing back to the office. There was an important matter, that he needed to take care of later that day.

His phone buzzed and saw that he had received another game notification. He smiled and jumped on the soft couch, making his sexy ass comfortable. He unlocked the phone and started playing the game. After fifteen minutes his doorbell rang. He wasn't expecting anyone at this time. He opened the door and was a little stunned. "What are you doing here?"

He looked at the man up and down, confused. The handsome man was carrying a suitcase in his hand. "I was kicked out of the house and I need a place to stay for a few days until I find one for myself." His body sulked.

Dong Fu nodded and let Sam in his apartment. He didn't know what had happened, but this was the first time his friend was blessed with no roof above his head. Sam settled himself in the guest room, he took a shower and joined Dong Fu in the living room. He saw the man smiling at the phone like a teenage girl. "Do you have anything strong.... to clear my mind?" He asked.

Dong Fu tapped a few times on his phone before putting it away. He walked to the kitchen and opened a cabinet. He brought the whiskey bottle and two glasses. He poured Sam a glass and one for himself. Sam gulped the glass down in one shot. They were awake the whole night because of the lockdown and were tired. But, none of them wanted to go to bed without having a heart to heart conversation.

Dong Fu waited for the heartbroken fellow to speak his mind. Sam sighed and leaned his head on the couch looking at the ceiling. "Birds of a feather flock together. You are alone, I am alone, our hearts are fucking alone."

Dong Fu chuckled within but maintained a serious face in front of the man, whose heart was in turmoil or maybe whose ego was hurt. Sam poured another glass, "She thinks I cheated on her." He gulped down the second one and wanted to pour the third, but Dong Fu took the bottle away. They had an important business meeting in the morning, and he couldn't let Sam get drunk and screw it.

"Just one more glass, please." Sam begged.

"One more glass won't fix your heart. You should start talking." Dong Fu said.

"I don't know what happened. The moment I walked in, I found her sitting on the couch with her arms crossed. I gave her my usual smile and kiss on the cheek. I was a little startled to find her awake, but then she is a nurse and her shifts are like crazy." Sam explained.

"What happened then?" Dong Fu asked gulping down his glass.

"She started screaming, like a madwoman. It's true, I have been to America for two whole weeks and we worked late at night this week. But I don't know why she thinks I am cheating on her. We have always worked day and night before. This is the first time she has accused me of being with someone else." He sounded frustrated.

"Did you cheat?" Dong Fu asked.

"No, I have been a monk for almost a month now. Where would I get time to go and find a mistress?" Sam frowned.

"She won't accuse you for no reason." Dong Fu suggested as he shrugged his shoulders.

Sam narrowed his eyes and kicked the other person's leg, "Whose fucking side are you on?"