47. Rose and Devil

Moving in with Liang wasn't an issue for Dong Fu, but what he was more concerned about was the paparazzi. Coming in and out of Liang's house would be difficult, as most times his house was surrounded by fans and reporters.

In the end, they decided for Liang to move in at Dong Fu's apartment. Not completely, he only moved some extra pair of clothes and other daily necessities. Dong Fu was happy with the arrangement.

They divided the work amongst them. Dong Fu would cook and take care of the kitchen whereas Liang would clean the rest. Whenever they went out to get fresh air, Liang would wear a cap and a mask. Dong Fu, on the other hand, would roam freely. He didn't care about people staring at them, holding hands.

Director Xie's drama was already on for shooting. They had already finished photo shoots, script reading, and rehearsals. In two months Dong Fu lost a lot of weight. Traveling for the shoot and then back to the company to complete the pending work was taking a toll on him.

He would return home tired every night. Liang wouldn't let him do any work at home after that. At times he would even massage his back and legs until his kitten would fall asleep. He also made sure he would eat properly. Their days were happy and smoother.

One day Dong Fu fainted in his office. Sam rushed him to the hospital. The doctors said the sudden blackout was caused due to stress and lack of sleep. After which Liang didn't allow him to work for more than eight hours a day. Whether it was at the company or the drama shoot, he always found an excuse to bring Dong Fu back home.

Sam also reminded Dong Fu that he was repeating it. His workaholic habit needed change if he didn't wish to get another heart attack.

Dong Fu took his advice seriously and asked his subordinate to do all his work. Only a few major decisions involving material finances were left to him.

Liang and he only pretended to be friends when they showed their faces in the public. But few had observed the closeness between them, like director Xie.

He once appeared unannounced at Dong Fu's apartment to collect some of Lala's things. At that time Liang hid in the bedroom, but Xie saw two copies of scripts in the living room. One had marked Dong Fu's dialogues and other Liang's. Also, Dong Fu's hairs were a mess and his face flushed when he opened the door. He became suspicious and kept a close watch on them.

Many times they would come together and leave together. They would use each other's things. Sometimes Liang's stuff would be found in Dong Fu's bag.

Director Xie had observed people act almost half his life and knew when someone was hiding something. He also observed that their eyes would follow each other, especially Dong Fu's. He eyed Liang like a wolf watching his mate. They sat together, ate together, read together. They were in their own comfortable world. Everyone observed it, but no one dared to speak.

There was another person who sold their relationship. It was Xu Hao. He had a lot of scenes with Dong Fu. So at times, they would be together. When this happened Liang would keep watch on them like a hawk. Xu Hao would purposefully cling closer to Dong Fu to make Liang jealous.

Every time they arrived on the set, Xu Hao would sing a made-up poem loudly.

"Rose looked at the devil, with a smile.

As he walks, his eyes follow for a while.

Oh, this love is beautiful, hope it's not a lie.

Or else this rose will wither in exile."

People had no idea why he sang that song, but Dong Fu did. He would beat Xu Hao at times whenever they were alone. But that made Xu sing even more.