58. Kicked him out

AN: Sorry for the late update.. Enjoy
_________________________

The burnt down and abandoned facility was soon surrounded by sirens. The cops, fire brigade, and the paramedics had already rolled in. They found Dong Fu unconscious in the back seat of a Mercedes car. His hands and legs were tied by a rope, his mouth was duct-taped and a blindfold covered his eyes.

The cops undid all the ropes and the tape. They quickly brought the young man to the hospital. The entire area was flooded with cops and detectives. Once the twins knew Dong Fu was in safe hands, they quickly disappeared into the woods.

Dong Fu's eyes flickered and he came across the similar white ceiling and the heavy smell of disinfectants. "Fuck... Not again..." He sighed and tried to sit up. The wound on his leg was better, but the one on his shoulder gave him a headache. He helped himself up and reached out for the water bottle nearby. He drank a mouthful and looked outside the window. It was early hours in the morning and the sun was just rising colouring the sky orange-red.

He sighed and looked around to see Sam sleeping on the bed next to his. He was dozing on his side, with his back facing Dong Fu. He smiled and didn't wake him up. Instead, he waited for the sky to brighten more. The events that happened that week ran like a movie in his mind.

Once the sun was high up in the sky, he threw a pillow at Sam, hitting his butt. Sam woke up rubbing his eyes and turned to look at the man who hit him. "Snoring much?" Dong Fu asked.

Sam chuckled, "If you didn't go missing, I would have snored every day for the last week."

Dong Fu smiled, he was happy to see his best friend. He was fortunate to be alive. Sam got out of his bed and sat next to Dong Fu rubbing his hair. "It's good to see you back."

"How is the investigation going on?" Dong Fu asked.

"The captain would be here to take your statement. The doctor has suggested a therapy for you. I don't know much about the investigation yet. We will know soon." Sam replied.

"Ah, I don't need therapy. I enjoyed my seven-day vacation in a cage. I slept well, ate food and also ate someone else's brain inside and out. It was fun, apart from the fact that I was injured twice and the times I thought I would die." He smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

Sam chuckled and shook his head. He glanced at the door and whispered to Dong Fu, "The one who was worried the most was your handsome man."

Dong Fu chuckled, "He should be, but I am not ready to forgive him just yet."

Sam shook his head, "I don't know what is going on in your head. I will inform the captain that you are awake. And congratulations, the chief is in the custody." He stood up to make a call.

"I know he would be. I was told." Dong Fu yawned and glanced at Sam, who questioned him what his words meant.

"Nothing." Dong Fu smiled and got up from the bed. He staggered to the bathroom to freshen up. Then came and stood by the window enjoying a new day. Since the past hurdles of Sui's life were solved, he had one less thing to worry about. He remembered the things 'O' had told him. He had to make a statement just like they had discussed.

He was also told about his dad being alive. Though he was Feng Sui's father, his body was biologically related to him. He never had any blood-related family in his life. He wondered what that feeling would be, to meet someone related to you. He smiled and welcomed a new dawn in his life.

Captain Ma Yo arrived after an hour. He had two more officers with him. One of them was detective Duan. They set up a camera to record Dong Fu's statement.