42. Juice Commercial

The auditors were at the company and Dong Fu grew busy explaining to them the reasons for variation in budgeted and actual financial statements. Richard would change his direction and walk away every time he saw any member of the auditor's team. This left Dong Fu irritated and alone to handle their questions.

There were many things that Richard had to provide in the form of management's representation, but he would just run away. Dong Fu's would end up working till midnight. With lack of sleep, his eyes had turned into those of a panda.

Dong Fu finally had some free time to himself, he locked his office door and leaned on his chair. He closed his eyes to catch a breath for a while. But his luck had kissed him goodbye. Someone knocked on his office door just as he was about to fall asleep. His eyebrows twitched, He shot a piercing glance at the person who disturbed his sweet moments.

Sam almost jumped in fright. He sighed and asked the other to open the door. Dong Fu pouted and closed his eyes again. Sam kicked the door, "Open it now."

Dong Fu snorted before mumbling a few curse words. He walked to the door and opened it. "What?" He asked with a rebellious childish tone.

Sam spanked on the back of Dong Fu's head for speaking to him like that, "You remember the bartender? You used to pay his brother's medical bills before?"

Dong Fu touched back of his head, "Yeah, so?" He didn't know why Sam suddenly brought it up.

Mike's younger brother was only eight years old when Dong Fu met him for the first time. He had a weak heart since childhood. Mike couldn't even go to college and had to work sixteen hours a day to pay off his brother's medical bills.

Dong Fu once saw him at the children's hospital. That was when he found out Mike's brother was ill. Since then Dong Fu paid all his medical bills. That allowed Mike to go to college and get his degree. He received a very good job, during the days he would work at the company and at night he did part-time at the bar.

In three years, Mike was able to repay all the dues back to Dong Fu. But he didn't have much savings. They finally found a heart donor for his brother. The hospital informed his family to arrange the medical fees. Mike knew they wouldn't allow his brother to the operation theatre until the operation fees were deposited in advance.

None of his friends were loaded with money. The only person who he could turn was Dong Fu, but he wasn't there anymore. So he called Sam asking for help. He was desperate, he didn't care at this moment what he had to do, or whom he had to beg. As long as his brother received the transplant, he would do anything.

Sam immediately transferred the money to the hospital. He knew Mike for a long time. In the beginning, when Sam found out that Dong Fu had paid the medical bills, he gave him a huge lecture for spending money.

At last, he couldn't save every child on the planet. Dong Fu almost cried for being yelled at. But what the two of them never expected was for Mike to return the money. Though he did it little by little, he repaid everything with interest.

Dong Fu accepted it or else he would hurt the other person's pride. Though Sam loved his money, he knew it would be returned back eventually. But presently, he had sinister intentions in his mind. He informed Dong Fu immediately of the situation, but he didn't mention that the hospital deposit was already paid by him. On top of that, he doubled the fees while notifying Dong Fu.

Dong Fu was appalled, he wondered how hospitals could charge so much amount? He looked at his bank balance and there wasn't enough. He looked at Sam with pitiful eyes, asking for help. His friend was much richer than him and could afford it.

Sam sneered within, "Okay, I will... But at one condition."

"Anything..." Dong Fu assured.

Sam smiled, "I want you to do a commercial."