22. Adopted

The Feng's villa was dark and haunted as usual. The breeze blew and the leaves created a rustling sound as the tree sway on its music.

It was Sam's first time here. He went around the house and observed it very well with astonishment. "This house could be sold for shooting a horror movie." He said to Dong Fu who let out a chuckle.

"So, why you wanted to come here?" Sam asked the other person.

Dong Fu took him to the stairs where many framed photos of Feng Sui with his mom were displayed. "What you see here?" He asked Sam.

Sam eyed at Dong Fu, "photos... Is that his mom?"

"Yeah, Do you find something strange?" Dong Fu asked.

Sam looked at the photos very carefully, then something flashed in his mind, "There are no baby photos."

Dong Fu crossed his arms, "Exactly, there is a photo album upstairs. There aren't any baby photos of Feng Sui in it either. Even if Sara Jin wanted to hide Feng Sui because of her career, she would have displayed his baby photos here at least."

Sam gave Dong Fu a puzzling view, "your point is?"

Dong Fu looked at Sam and smiled, "Feng Sui was adopted."

Sam's eyes widened with shock, "How could you be so sure about that?"

"I can... Because I was the one who rescued him. Do you remember when I was sixteen, I took twenty days vacation to go to a remote island?" Dong Fu spoke.

Sam's words didn't leave his mouth and he just nodded. Dong Fu smiled, "I did go to the island, but it was a rescue operation. The NGO I was working with got an anonymous tip that it was a base used for human trafficking. We contacted the authorities, but they didn't show us any support."

"So me and a few others who volunteered at the NGO formed a group and went to the island. If we found any proof, we might be able to convince the authorities. Well, the story is big and we encountered a lot of troubles.... But during that time we rescued a five year old child. It was Feng Sui, his identity was later altered to keep him safe. So, we didn't know what happened to him. I had forgotten the boy's face."

"That incident on the island was horrible, many were shot to death right in front of my eyes. The sniper shooting few days back triggered back those memories. I see those bloody scenes in my sleep."

"Today I dreamed about that night again. I saw the face, it's this boy." Dong Fu pointed at the picture on the wall. "I will still need to confirm but he matches the face. The boy in my dreams is much thinner and this boy here is much healthier."

"That's the connection between you and him?" Sam asked.

"I guess so. Why else would he follow me around like that? It doesn't make sense."

Sam squinted his eyes looking at the photos, "And why did Sara Jin adopt a child saying it was hers and ended her career?" Sam asked.

Dong Fu smiled, "More questions..... But there is someone who could answer these questions, Feng Sui's best friend, Lee Hyun Woo."

Dong Fu explained Sam everything that captain Ma Yo and Jerry had informed him.

"You said earlier Feng Sui followed you. What was that?" Sam asked.

"There is something I didn't tell you." He clicked a few times on his phone and connected to the cloud. He showed the images to Sam.

Sam was completely slack-jawed. "These are all your photos before you died."

"You don't have to mention my death, I am quite aware of it myself. These go all back to at least four years ago." Dong Fu scrolled the pictures down, "Hey, look at this, you are here too." Dong Fu pointed at some of the photos of them together. "We were more like a couple, don't you think? Always together, wherever we went." Dong Fu blinked multiple times like a Barbie doll.