57. Revenge

Gu Yifieng smiled, "Have you guessed how a cripple was able to get the two grown, fat men to a burnt down facility from the warehouse and tie to a chair?"

The two people's eyes widened, looking at it the bright smile on Gu Yifieng's face, "You fools were being played by me since the very beginning."

There was silence for a long time, all they heard were the sounds of their breathing. After that, the Yifieng broke the ice, "Didn't Wang identify the person who threatened him was me?"

"But... But you can't walk. Or are we wrong?" The chief asked as he stammered to figure out how he got here in the first place.

"Yes, but not him." Gu Yifieng replied. A man walked in and stood beside him. "It's just funny, you being a cop and having so many resources couldn't decipher a simple truth."

The duo tied to the chair looked at the two identical faces in front of them and couldn't believe their eyes, "Gu Wieguang?" The chief stammered yet again.

"Yeah, you have turned white, like you have seen a ghost. But don't worry, I am not dead yet to murder you in the darkness." Gu Weiguang responded with a smirk.

"But you died in the fire twenty four years ago." Jia Shihao exclaimed. "This is not possible, you should be dead."

Gu Weifieng let out a chuckle, "And who told you that?"

"It was... It was Zaro... He sent me an email that ...that... one of you died. If it wasn't you, then whose body was it?" Jia Shihao couldn't speak anything further.

"Did you ever speak with Zaro after the fire?" Gu Yifieng asked.

Jia Shihao tried to recall the incident that happened twenty-four years ago. But no, all he received was an email. Zaro always maintained a safe distance and never contacted directly on the phone. After the incident, he never got in touch with Zaro. No matter what means he used to get rid of him, Zaro always slipped away from his hands.

Gu Yifieng saw that there was no answer from the man, "Let me tell you what happened after I left the facility. I was shot in my left shoulder. I took the research and went to a nearby pay phone and called Lu Niang, telling her what happened. After which I went straight home, almost dead."

"To my surprise, my brother was at home. Everyone thought we didn't get well, but they were wrong. We were born together, there is no bond stronger than ours. The only reason he had to enroll in the military was that what our father's family did the same for generations."

"After he saw me wounded, he helped me get the medical attention that I needed. Being a soldier, he was trained to have basic medical skills."

"That day Zaro had an accomplice. He didn't work alone, he went to the facility, whereas his friend waited in the car. Following the fire, Zaro came to our house looking for me. I was unconscious and sleeping. The two killers entered without having knowledge that my brother was home."

"They separated and started searching for me. My brother didn't have his guns, but we had good kitchen knives. The first one to go down was Zaro's friend, his throat was slit open."

"Zaro entered my room with a gun pointed at me, but my brother was just after him. When Zaro saw me lying on the bed, he was overjoyed. But he didn't know someone was just a step behind. By the time he heard the movements and turned, his gun was snatched and already in my brother's hands. He shot him in the head."

"He checked Zaro's phone and found the email sent saying I had gotten away with the research. And a reply to it, saying not to leave any witnesses behind. So he thought of faking my death to keep me safe until things cool down."