90. Chasing the Truth

Dong Fu groaned as he opened his eyes. Through his blurry vision, he came across a familiar room. It was Sam's office, he was in his company. It was early in the daytime, the sky was still pink and orange. Sighing, his right hand tried to feel the injury on the back of his head, but freedom didn't seem to be his legal right for now. His right hand was handcuffed to the hand of the chair. His eyes landed on his mobile phone on the table. He shook his head to get rid of the heaviness. He was tired, hungry, feeling extremely terrible in his heart.

He looked around to understand the situation. Sam smiled at him as he walked towards the younger. "How are you feeling? He placed a glass of water in front of him. Dong Fu picked up the glass, drinking it down. "Better, I suppose. What am I doing here?" Sam got rid of the handcuffs, walking back to his seat. Dong Fu rubbed his wrist that seemed a little soar.

Sam gave him a sinister smile, "You don't like it here? I thought you were a workaholic, guess you were only pretending. Who is the real you?"

Dong Fu shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know, I am hungry." He complained.

Sam replied, "Aren't you afraid I will poison the meal?"

Dong Fu seemed unaffected, Won't be the first time putting myself in danger. Nevertheless, at least I will die on a full stomach. If you are going to poison it, make sure you serve something nice and tasty."

Sam smirked, "I don't want to be a murderer."

Dong Fu nodded, guess he would have to go hungry for a while. "Why did you give Liang my medical reports?"

Sam frowned, "Isn't it obvious? He deserved to know the truth."

Dong Fu laughed, "And I didn't? You were related to someone who killed your best friend's parents."

Sam squinted his eyes, "His parents were not him, and I asked Akira, he didn't kill their son."

Dong Fu smirked, "Well, did you?"

Sam rose from his seat, walking across the table. He stared deep into the other's blue eyes before landing a punch on the younger's face. He held on to the other's jaws with force, "Don't you dare pretend to know any of us, because you don't. Your lies are out in the open, and I won't believe a word coming out of your mouth."

Dong Fu smirked as he licked the corner of his lips, "So, what now? I am already here, presently homeless. At least you could give me some answers. It's simple, you don't trust me, I don't either. Yet, I have to ask what motive you had to kill him."

Sam's eyes narrowed, "I didn't, why would I? I know you cooked up some stories to tell Liang that I was involved. But no, I was not. I would never hurt him."

Dong Fu rolled his eyes, "Oh, please, If Akira didn't put you up to it, who did? How did you get the file? I didn't kill him, I know that because I was brain dead when he died. So, who is the killer?" He was getting a little hostile.

Before Sam could reply, a woman spoke from behind. "Leave him to me, he is not himself. He had mental issues back then and so now. You should go back home. Your wife must be waiting for you. It was a long night, you should take a break."

Sam looked at his aunt, "But I have to be there."

Aiko shook her head, "He will manipulate you again, just like he did before. I have talked to the finest doctors, they will take care of his health. He will recover, I know you are worried. Even if he lied, I understand that he is your friend."

Sam pressed his lips. He sighed, "Promise me he will be fine."

Aiko nodded, "I promise, I will talk to him. I will convince him to seek help. But, at the end, it's his choice."