43. White Roses

Dong Fu was really annoyed after shooting the commercial. Sam had posted his mango look on the company's website, and there it kicked his last dignity to the merry land. Sam didn't know what the big deal was about. The juice company would release the commercial in a few weeks. Everyone would be able to see him in the costume. He thought Dong Fu was overreacting for no reason.

They were back at the company. Dong Fu walked ahead, his pace was quick and he didn't bother glancing anyone on the side. Sam followed after the angry tiger.

Dong Fu's face was gloomy and his eyebrows were furrowed. Tao saw them and tagged along. Sam wanted to gesture him not to have a conversation now. But Tao cared less. They got into the elevator and Dong Fu punched the eighteenth-floor button in irritation.

"Mr. Feng Sui, I wanted to talk to you about the clothing brand endorsement that Liang has scheduled three days later." Dong Fu didn't pay attention and stared at the closing elevator doors. Tao didn't know if he had heard it and repeated his words once again. Dong Fu turned his sharp gaze towards the other, "I am not deaf, speak further."

Sam had his head down, his lips were curved up in a smile as he observed the drama. He knew Tao would receive a kick on his butt today.

Tao, on the other hand, started sweating looking at Dong Fu face. He wondered if he chose the wrong time. Dong Fu stared at him, "I don't have a whole day."

Tao wiped his forehead, "The endorsement contract is for two of our artists Xu Hao and Wang Liang. I saw Xu Hao's contract and Sam here receives twenty percent commission, but Liang's contract specifies that I will receive only ten percent."

Dong Fu adjusted his cufflinks, "Contract matters are handled by the legal department." His tone was rigid and decisive.

Tao gulped before speaking further, "I spoke to them and they said, it was you who asked to reduced the rate of my commission." The elevator doors opened and Dong Fu left first, Tao followed him waiting for the answer. They reached his office.

"Mr. Feng Sui?" Tao called for him. Dong Fu's eyebrows twitched. He banged the glass door close and pulled Tao by his collar, "Where is Wang Liang now?"

Tao was shocked and scared. Sam was stunned too, he wondered why Dong Fu was so upset and moody. "He... He is in Thailand." Tao stammered.

Dong Fu gnashed his teeth, "Wrong, he is in Italy. He should have been back here yesterday. But he had to go and speak personally with one of our clients, and apologize because you messed up the contract date and details. Now tell me why should I pay you extra when you can't even do a job of an agent?" His voice was raised, heavy and sounded like he wanted to bury the man alive.

Tao had been slacking these past months at his work. Though Liang never complained and others at the company didn't bother to say anything, he didn't take his work that seriously.

Studying Dong Fu's angry face, Tao was alarmed to say anything further. Dong Fu cut down his commission, not because the contract belonged to Liang, but it was the company's money and that meant it was his.

Since there was no answer from Tao, Dong Fu continued, "I had to shell extra from the budget for his trip. I am not going to put the tab on the company for your mistake. I have to deduct from somewhere. If you don't like it, I will be happy to penalize you which would be four times more than the ten percent you are losing."

Sam saw something strange in Dong Fu's office. He tapped on the other person's shoulders and pointed at white roses left by someone. Dong Fu let go of Tao and walked to the roses. There was a note attached to it. 'I want to meet you soon, give me a chance? - Yang'