19. Feng Sui's eyes

Dong Fu had turned into a puddle of spilled water. The police officers had sealed the room to conduct further investigation.

Dong Fu was assigned a different room. Sam sat beside him. He remained frozen stiff even after being called out many times.

The gunshot had triggered a memory that was sealed deep inside the Dong Fu's heart, giving him the shivers. The bloody scene and those screams he had heard that night played in his mind.

After long hours of psychiatric consultation, Dong Fu finally recovered from his trauma. Even Sam did not know what was going in the other person's mind. He had never seen this person so vulnerable.

Feng Sui's aunt was informed about his condition since she was the only blood relative he had. But she didn't show up even after she was notified. Sam handled all the formalities with the police. After getting discharged from the hospital, Dong Fu joined work immediately, even after Sam's repeated refusal.

Don Fu's face was full of smiles as he spoke with everyone like he always did. But his heart and mind were disturbed. He didn't want to stay alone at home where those bloody memories would devour him. He started working fourteen to fifteen hours a day. He would continue working until he would exhaust himself and fall asleep.

Everyone in the company already knew about him being attacked thanks to Robert's big mouth except for a certain someone.

Captain Ma Yo came to visit Dong Fu at the company. After the two consecutive attacks, he had placed a patrol car outside the company and one near Dong Fu's apartment until they could find some answers.

Sam had insisted Dong Fu to tell the captain about the Wang's but he still refused. He strongly believed that the sniper wasn't hired by him. Mr. Wang was a businessman, hiring a sniper to shoot in public areas would cause chaos and attract attention. He wasn't an idiot to do so. If he wanted to get rid of Feng Sui he would use simpler means or something that won't create a big ruckus.

Captain Ma Yo was waiting for Dong Fu in the company's visitor's lounge. Dong Fu passed Liang and his agent, Tao. He smiled at Liang but the other person didn't even bother glancing at him.

Dong Fu's heart, which was troubled for the last few days, finally felt butterflies. Thinking of how cute his man looked while throwing a tantrum, he wanted to go and kiss him, but he controlled himself. He was not supposed to make the first move according to his plan.

The investigation into the sniper shooting was still ongoing. However, Ma Yo stopped by for some other matter. He smelled something fishy in Feng Sui's life and this case made his adrenaline reach sky high. He couldn't wait to solve the mystery.

He passed a detailed finding of Feng Sui's past, according to the complaints made against him by his neighbour.

Dong Fu went through everything. He was disturbed by the content in disbelief. Now he understood why his aunt and doctor had said he had a psychiatric problem. But Dong Fu didn't believe that Feng Sui had any problems. If he did, Jerry wouldn't have been so friendly. There was certainly something black floating in the white milk.

Tao kept starring at Dong Fu's back. Liang saw the person distracted and asked, "What are you staring at?"

"Feng Sui...." His agent replied. "I visited.."

"Stop right there, I don't want to listen to anything related to him." Liang shot him.

"But just last weekend, you two went out for a drink. Did it go that bad?" His agent asked.

"It was a mistake." Liang replied as he continued reading the new contract.

"Even so, you...." His agent was interrupted again, "I don't want to hear his name again, do you understand me. I don't care what he does or where he is right now."