97. Small Talks

The court was adjourned further by a week. The anklet was no more a problem for Feng Sui, however, he was still on no flying list. The judgment was given by the court was obvious enough to understand that he was going to walk free after a week unless something really happened.

The prosecutors were scolded by the judge. He wanted to dismiss the case, but attorney Ryan didn't want that. He wanted his client to walk completely free without any suspicion of being a murderer. If the judge dismissed the case, he would simply be left with the choice to go to the media. It would be a shame and people would lose faith in the judicial system once they find out how the prosecutor's office tampered with the evidence and framed an innocent man who was in the wrong place and at the wrong time. Even if the media was controlled by the state, nothing would stop him going international. Nobody likes to lose face, but for some reason, his client loved losing his and he wouldn't care if people found out that he was involved in a murder trial.

Till now, whatever evidence was produced, though it didn't prove Feng Sui innocent, it was clear that it was manipulated and the investigation was negligently concluded. The judge ordered to get hold of Prosecutor Xu and find out why the investigators didn't do their job.

Only if they knew that Prosecutor Xu had met with an accident and died while running away from the courthouse that very day. He left when he saw the winds changing their direction. It was a good thing he didn't testify against Feng Sui. Till now he had just lost a job, he didn't want to go to jail on conspiring to murder. Who knows what else Feng Sui would have his lawyer produce in the court. When Dong Fu found out about it his eyebrows cringed. He had underestimated Aiko, she could go to any lengths to keep herself involved. But the details of the accident were unknown.

When Aiko stepped out of the courthouse, she didn't spare any effort in crying and describing how unfair it was to let the murderer go free. The phrase of 'innocent until proven guilty' was deeply buried, the people already saw the young man as a murderer. That was one reason Ryan wanted to prove his client's innocence to the fullest.

Sam sat in his study that evening reading important material of the upcoming BoD meeting. Aiko, his aunt stormed inside fuming in anger. Sam took off his glasses and calmly looked at the woman who looked like a volcano ready to burn everything around it. Ziyi gave them a worried look. Sam asked her to serve iced tea to the aunt.

Aiko looked at Sam, glaring, "Liang changed his words, he lied...."

Sam nodded, "I know, maybe he changed his mind after he heard Feng Sui admitted to the crime because he was blackmailed. They were together for a long time. It's natural for Liang to have a soft corner towards the young man. God knows, they must be already rolling in sheets right now."

Aiko made a gagging gesture, "How unnatural it is for two men to have intimate relations. I always hated gay people, there is something seriously wrong with their minds. How can one's body react to the same sex? Such a horrible crime in the eyes of the creator."

Sam went back to reading the material, he looked calmer than he should be. Aiko narrowed her eyes, "Why aren't you saying anything?"

Sam raised his eyebrows, "What would I have to say in it?"

Aiko's jaws dropped, "That madman in the courtroom called me a murderer, and you don't have to say anything about that?"

Sam shrugged his shoulders, "You yourself called him a madman, why one should take words of a madman to heart? It's foolish to even argue at his words."

"But the evidence that lawyer of his has provided points to me." Aiko was losing her cool.

Sam titled his head, "No, it doesn't, though Feng Sui made claims that you killed Akira, he hasn't provided any proof to it.