{24} Manners

We were all crowded around Carter's locker talking. It was the morning so we didn't have many places where we could talk. Carter's locker happened to be the emptiest place available as students stood as far as possible. Sometimes I forgot how 'scary' Carter is to other students. They scattered as soon as he was around as if he had the plague. It shocks me how quick we warmed up to each other. I guess when you have mutual friends you're sort of forced to. It only took us a month. If anything I'm more shocked we're friends. If I don't like you, then I don't like you. Never has my opinion on disliking or hating someone changed before.

"So what are the plans for Halloween?" I couldn't help but ask considering it's this Sunday.

"Well we could egg a few people's houses. Maybe TP them, then go to a party."

"Now that sounds like a plan," I said smirking.

"So let me get this right. You two wanna do more illegal shit even though you got arrested a week ago. Police are gonna be on the lookout as well," Eli said smartly except I was having none of it. It was my first Halloween here and I refused to be sat at home miserable.

"He does have a point," Danny added in.

We both shrugged.

"Who's house are you gonna egg?" Al asked.

Me and Carter looked at each other with identical smirks saying, "Hannah."

"You two really got to stop with the telepathic shit. It's getting weird now."

"I can't help it. Great minds think alike."

"So are you guys in?" I asked looking at everyone except Carter. I already knew he would definitely say yes.

"I would say yes but I'm already occupied," Al said.

"With what?"

"Alyssa."

"Your ditching us for my sloppy seconds," I stated, pursing my lips.

"Yup. I'll see you guys at the party though," he said not at all deterred from my last comment.

"I wouldn't dare stay in with a girl on Halloween, sex or not," Carter said.

"Well you clearly haven't seen how hot she is. She's blonde as well."

"Blonde isn't really my type."

"Hannah's blonde," I reminded him.

"Got a new type now."

"Brunettes. Wow you so creative," I sarcastically said. He just rolled his eyes in response. "Danny?" I asked hoping he would say yes.

"Maybe." Which was basically a no, just said in a kinder way.

"Eli?"

"As fun as getting arrested sounds, I need to go trick or treating with Angel and her vicious friends."

"Looks like it's just you and me Red."

"Yay." I monotonously said.

"Shut it. You know you enjoy my company." As true as that was I would never admit it.

.

.

"I'm surprised Hannah didn't attack me," I said thinking about it, once we walked out of P.E. She normally always has something to say. I'm sure she would've loved to put the blame on me for their break up. The fact that I was wearing Carter's clothes again probably wouldn't of helped. She looked like she wanted to say something but was restraining herself. Her face would just get red as she looked at me and she would clench her hands. As if she can do any damage with them.