{43} Black and blue

"wh mm fuh hapeh to pur?" Al said with an orange slice in his mouth. He took it out once we stared at him like he had two braincells and repeated himself. "What the fuck happened to her?"

"Long story. I might need some help come up to my bathroom. Bring up an ice pack." Luckily we didn't have any run ins with anyone else. 

Carter placed me on the counter before rummaging through the cupboards. I didn't have any energy to sit up straight so my body slumped against the walls. 

He turned over my glass punctured hand the same time Al walked in. I watched as both their eyes widened.

"Why aren't you taking her to the hospital?" Al asked with urgency.

"No hospitals." "She said no hospitals."

"I don't give a fuck what you said. Look at you. Your fucking black and blue. What happened?"

"Bar fight," I said weakly watching as his facial expression didn't change. Let me tell you he didn't look amused in the slightest.

 I let out a cry as Carter tried to turn over my other hand. "I think it's sprained." Carter made the same murderous face. 

"Go get me more ice packs," he ordered to Al who looked just as enraged as him. 

He lifted up my sleeve before I could stop him revealing the three burns going down my arm. I was so happy Al hadn't seen this. I felt the air turn suffocating. 

"You or him?" He grumbled.

"Him," I lied looking away.

"We'll talk about this later," he said clearly not believing me. He placed the ice pack on my wrist before pulling my sleeve down, making sure the burns weren't visible. "Where the fuck am I supposed to start?" He asked Al once he returned with more ice packs. 

"You could get a girl some water and Advil," I commented.

"You do her face. I'll pick the glass out of her hand but first I'll go get her some Advil." I tried to give him a smile but I just ended up grimacing. So when he gave me a water bottle and two Advil I opted for saying, "Cheers." 

"I would give you the whole bottle if I could but you can only take two." I chose to watch Al sterilise a pair of tweezers rather than face Carter's glaring eyes. 

I bit my lip to hold in a wince every time the antiseptic came in contact with my cuts. 

"This is going to hurt like a bitch. Put this in your mouth and bite down."

"It's not dirty right?" I said looking down at the t-shirt Al was currently holding.

"Nope. Fresh as a daisy."

"Okay." I opened my mouth wide and let Al stuff the top into my mouth. It was definitely a weird sensation to say the least. Normally when something I can't consume enters my mouth it's much harder.

I let out a scream as Al pulled out the first piece of glass. It felt like he was fucking pulling out my own skin. I bit down harder on the t-shirt at the feeling that came afterwards. It burned so bad. I felt slightly faint as I saw all the blood on my hand.

I felt Carter tap me on the bottom of my chin. "Eyes on me, yeah?" His face had slightly relaxed now, meaning he didn't look like he wanted to murder me or my dad but his form was still very tense.

Tears blurred my vision as Al continued his torture. I had only realised now how my face burned when my tears ran over a cut, and there was plenty of them. "I think you might need stiches sunshine."

"I'll be fine," I said but it came out slightly muffled due to the t-shirt in my mouth.

"Are you sure no h-"