{60} Euphoria

Al had finished opening all of his gifts long ago now we were all just lounging around. Eli came less than ten minutes after I did. Al being the secret softy he is he said he'd rather spend his birthday with his family than go out partying.

"Your turn," Carter said with an excited smile. I smiled back just as enthusiastic. Honestly I didn't care that much but these guys were all excited and I didn't want to put a damper on their moods. 

Carter returned with a small box and pushed it into my hands. I unwrapped it and saw a set of car keys. I wanted to say something but I was in so much shock I couldn't. I looked up to see everyone smirking at me, with Ella smiling.

Carter dragged me to the window and pointed out to the black E-class cabriolet Mercedes sitting in their driveway I had failed to notice.

"Mine?" I managed to croak out through my shock.

"Yours," Carter nodded.

I didn't know what to do first so I ended up waving my hand in the air for a bit before running outside to look at the car. I covered my mouth in shock as I realised this car was mine.

Someone's arms wrapped around my waist from behind, I relaxed into them as Carter's smell invaded my senses. 

"As much as I enjoy driving you around everywhere I thought you finally need your own car. I do believe I once said a sexy car for a sexy driver so voila," he said dangling the car keys in front of my face.

"I can't take it."

"You don't like it?" 

"I fucking love it but I can't take it. A cars way too expensive. I thought you said it was a little gift."

"Technically the keys are little so I wasn't lying. I've been saving up since the day you sat in my race car. You're taking the goddamn car Red."

"But you didn't even know I liked you back then," I said confused. You don't just buy someone you think is your friend a car.

"Well I've liked you since then."

"Really?" I asked turning around in his arms so I could see his face.

"Mmhmm."

"Well that's nice to know but a car is still way too much."

"I'm gonna force you to take it. You only turn eighteen once Red."

"Fine," I relented knowing he wouldn't stop. "I have a fucking car! Thank you so much," I shouted once reality had sunk in. I jumped on Carter peppering kisses all over his face. In that moment I wanted tell Carter I loved him but I still felt like it was too early.

"This is cute and all but I didn't get a car," Al said from the doorway. I looked up to see all of them standing there. How long have they been there for?

"You have a car. Remember the one you stranded us with last week," Danny said.

"Can I take it for a spin?" Eli asked.

"I think the fuck not. No one's touching my car, especially you. Carter bought it so he can also drive."

"Trick ass hoe," Eli whispered.

"What was that?" I cupped my ear over-dramatically with a smirk.

"Nothing."

"Thats what I thought," I nodded in approval.

"Get out then you've been here long enough. Go take it for a drive," Carson said.

"You don't mind me leaving?" I checked. Carson came up to me and pulled me aside.