{29} Thoughtful

By time we got there I was practically buzzing, Carter just shook his head at my antics. Once we had reached the front Carter said, "Come on Red."

"What?" I said dumbly.

"Your coming with me."

"Huh where?"

"Sometimes your so dense. Get in my car."

"Uh-Me in y-your race car?" I said gobsmacked doing all these weird hand motions, hoping that's what he meant. He just nodded casually as if this was no big deal whereas my jaw dropped.

He pushed my jaw back up while asking, "You good red?"

"Are you shitting me?" Was the only thing my mouth came out with.

"No now hurry up."

"Okay," I squeaked out following behind him as we went to an unfamiliar car. It was white with blue road track stickers on it that matched its blue lights.

"You can talk but just don't touch anything please," he said once we were sat in the car.

"Aren't you cute when you say please." He opened his mouth to reply but I cut him off.

"I'm not cute blah blah blah I'm a man," I mimicked in a deep voice. "I get it just fucking drive when blondie waves that flag."

After that we just cracked shitty jokes as we waited. This was probably the most I've seen him laugh. I rarely see him laugh around others but he laughs quite a lot around me. Thinking about it he seems a lot more relaxed around me. Probably cause I'm not actively asking questions and creating rumours about him like the student body. Also Al and Danny pretty much do anything they can to piss him off and Eli's a big help.

I had a big smile sitting on my face as soon as Carter started driving. "Why do you always get so happy whenever I bring you to a race?"

"Shouldn't you be focusing on driving, not talking?"

"I could do this shit with my eyes closed babe," he scoffed, his cocky side showing. He always had to be the best at everything. "So... You gonna answer my question or do I have to actually close my eyes to entertain my self?"

"I just like cars a lot. Seeing racing in real life is much more exhilarating than watching on telly. I don't know that much about them but they look sexy."

"Why don't you drive then?"

"I do, occasionally. In England I used to drive my mum's car all the time but now she doesn't let me. Plus the car is rarely ever her so I can't take it for a spin even if I wanted to."

He just nodded before asking, "Is this car sexy?"

Bit of an odd question but I answered nonetheless. "Yeah extremely sexy."

"Extremely sexy car for an extremely sexy driver." I walked myself right into that trap.

"Really then why am I not driving the car right now," I retorted cheekily.

"Touché," he said smirking.

The reason why I could see his smirk was because he fucking faced me. "The fuck are you doing?"

"I told you I could do it with my eyes closed."

"Your eyes aren't closed though," I pointed out the obvious.

"You know what I mean."

I do. "No I don't." It was too fun acting like I didn't know what he meant.

"The longer you argue with me the longer my eyes gonna be off the road," he said maintaining eye contact with me. I hated eye contact but his eyes were too intriguing to look away from.