{57} Here

"Okay I will admit I didn't really know where to take you. When I finally decided I realised it's not exactly date appropriate but I'm still taking you there because I do what I want. But if you don't like it we can leave straight away. Anyways the first place we're going to we won't be able to talk to each other much but it'll still be fun." I smiled as Carter rambled on. 

"I'm sure whatever you planned will be great, hopefully." He didn't look too relieved by my comment so I continued, "Think of it like this the worst that could happen is I'll hate it and it'll be so bad I break up with you and never speak to you again."

"Well that's very fucking helpful isn't it." 

"What can I say I'm a natural pessimist." I watched as his grip on the steering wheel tightened, realising just how nervous he was about this. I don't know why he was getting so worked up about it, it was just a date. Truth be told I was quite excited considering I've never been on a date before but I didn't want to set my expectations too high.

"It's going to be fine. Stop stressing. I won't actually break up with you. Trust me I'll like whatever you have planned." I hesitated to place my hand on his thigh, redirecting towards his hair. My hand on his thigh would get us to places we shouldn't be going on a first date. I relaxed when I finally saw his hands unclench around the steering wheel as his head leaned into my touch.

"And we're here."

"Go karting?" I exclaimed with a big grin on my face.

"Yeah. You love going in my car when I go racing so I thought why not do a more legal version. I'm guessing you like it?"

"Love it," I confirmed smiling. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me for anything yet we haven't even gone in. Plus I'm going to win don't think I'm going easy on you."

"It's cute how you think you're going to win," I said even though most likely he would win considering the experience he has.

I pulled him into a kiss before trying to walk towards the building as calm as possible. It was taking everything in me not to sprint but I reminded myself I'm seventeen not five.

"I booked it all out so it's just the two of us," he said once he finally caught up to me.

"Really?" I could practically feel my eyes twinkling. He hummed in reply with a satisfied smirk on his face.

"Best of three then?" I jumped into the go-kart ready to go.

"Helmet first baby," he reminded me. I huffed as he took his time grabbing the helmets.

"You couldn't go any faster grandpa?"

"No."

He refused to let me put my own helmet on so I sat impatiently as he fiddled with the ties.

"Good luck," he smiled knowing he was being a little shit.

"I don't need luck," I scoffed, being cocky. 

.

.

Okay so maybe I needed luck.

"Best of five?" I offered after I lost.

"Nope don't think so," he smirked.

"Well now you're just being unfair," I mumbled moodily.

He chuckled and grabbed my head in his massive hands. "Oh yeah how's that?"

"Because..."

"Because what?" He teased.

"Because nothing."

"Don't be a sore loser."

"Well I would've won if you weren't here," I defended.

"You wouldn't be racing anyone then."

"Precisely."

"You're an idiot."

"No I'm not it's called using initiative."

"Whatever you say. You hungry?"

"Starving."

We had been driving for ages and I still hadn't eaten anything. Admittedly it hadn't been that long but it sure felt like it. Why would you ask me if I'm hungry and then not feed me? Don't tease me like that. He should know not to mess about with me and my food.

"I'm bloody starving and to be quite frank I'm getting hangry. You're starting to look quite tasty so if you don't feed me instantly I will eat you," I warned.

"Ten more minutes Red."

"That doesn't sound instant. As these are your last moments on earth do you have anything you would like to say."

"If you eat me who's going to be your boyfriend?"

"I guess your shitty excuse will suffice for now but seriously I'm so hungry it feels like my stomachs trying to eat itself. I think it's trying to send me a message."

He just rocked his head to the beat, completely ignoring my complaining. The audacity of this bitch.

Once Carter had parked I realised he had drove down to the beach. The sun was setting so the sky was marbled with warm tones.      

"Carter this is great and all, honestly it's gorgeous, you're gorgeous, but I'm still hungry."

"Relax woman I'm getting you food," he said walking to the boot of the car. I almost let out a cry of joy when I saw what he pulled out.

"Where'd that come from? You know what don't even answer that. I just need to consume something," I said eyeing the massive picnic basket in his hands.      

I know it was stupid but I felt like a proper couple as he held my hand as we walked down to the beach. I tried to hide my giddiness but I feel like the big smile on my face was a big giveaway. 

"So what you got?" I chirped rubbing my hands together.

"You get way too happy about food," he muttered under his breath while revealing the food he bought. This time I didn't hold back, I actually let out a cry of joy when I saw all my favourite foods surrounding me.

"Well you know what they say, the way to a girls heart is the stomach."

"I thought it was a mans?"

"Yeah but gender neutral and all that good stuff," I rested my case before diving into the birria tacos. I know fish and chips would've been more fitting but they just don't do it as good as they do it back home. 

I ended up eating so much I had to unbutton my jeans. I know I should probably be embarrassed that I ate like a pig in front of Carter but the food was too good to worry about it. Plus it wasn't the first time I acted very unladylike in his presence. 

I laid down in between his legs as comfortable silence commenced. I enjoyed times like these where I could just bask in his presence with no words spoken. I played with his hand as I observed his rings, giving them an occasional twist.

The waves lapped onto the beach making this moment even more serene. As I looked up at Carter from his lap I knew then if I needed to be in one place for the rest of my life it would be here. 

Not at the beach but in Carter's embrace.