{45} Love

I sat up, my heart beating out of my chest. I had the weirdest dream that my dad showed up to my house and everything went downhill from there. 

The door opened with a thud and I jumped up out of fright. "Dakota said to wake you up every two hours in case you had a concussion but I see your already awake so I guess my job is done."

Al went to go shut the door again but I spoke up, "Is Cart still not home yet?"

"No but he should be here in about ten minutes or so." With a less foggy mind I realised the 'dream' I had was just a recollection of today.      

Al's prediction was right. In less than ten minutes Carter was back here with a bag full of clothes in his hand.

"I must say it was very fun going through your lacy underwear and bras."

It didn't cross my mind that he would have to get me some undergarments. Making sure my mortification didn't show, I let out a chuckle. "Perve." 

"Here are your pyjamas," he said throwing me a blush pink silk pyjama set, consisting of short shorts and a cropped camisole.

"Do they all look like this?" I asked referring to the other pyjamas he's packed for me.

"Yep." Leave it to carter to choose the most skimpy pj's I owned.

"Wow aren't you so thoughtful?" I sarcastically asked, not waiting to hear his answer as I went in the bathroom to get changed.

I made sure to put my head on the pillow instead of Carter's chest but he still made sure I was as close to him as possible without hurting me. He brought his hand up to the back of my knee and lifted my leg it until it was positioned comfortably on his torso. 

I was so glad my legs were waxed when Carter starting running his finger up and down my calf. This is a sign. No matter what crisis you're going through wax your legs.

"We'll talk about all the other shit tomorrow. Today's already been so... eventful."

"Thankyou Cart," I mumbled sleepily. Spewing shit out when I'm tired is gonna be my downfall. Me being tired is literally a truth serum and I never know what I'm going to say until I hear it come out my mouth. 

"What for?"

"For taking care of me, just like you always do." Could've gone much worse. I could've told him I love him. 

Every since the second time Carter woke me up I hadn't been able to go asleep. I was becoming peckish as well. So I removed myself from Carter trying to not wake him up. He's probably going to be so tired in the morning.

I don't even have a concussion but he's adamant on waking me up every two hours just in case. I chucked on Carter's hoodie, cold now that I didn't have Carter's body heat to warm me.

I creeped down the stairs. I could be a ninja. As soon as I thought that the stair creaked. I could still be a ninja, just not a good one. 

Oh god, I'm starting to sound like Eli.

I walked in the kitchen expecting it to be empty but Carson was hunched over the breakfast bar.

"Why are you still awake?" I asked making sure my body was turned away from his face.

"Your here again?"

"Can't stay away," I joked.

"I met Tom today."

"Ahhh," I made a noise of understanding. I assume it's not the best meeting your girlfriends ex-husband who's still in love with her.