Bonus chapter {2}

Dakota's POV

Today is the day I'm going to ask my girl to be mine forever. And I'm bricking it. I feel like I'm about to fucking shit myself except it's not even shit. I'm so nervous I feel like I'm about to shit out all my fucking organs.

I want to be with her for the rest of my life, no questions about it. I just don't know how she feels about it. We're still quite young so getting married is a big deal for us. I've wanted to marry her since the first Christmas we had together. It was so early in our relationship, I know. But when you have a girl as amazing as Scarlett you don't just let her walk by, you keep her for as long as you can.

I always knew she wanted a creative proposal so I spent a long time trying to think of the most creative way to do this. In the end what I chose wasn't the most creative but I think she'll like it.

"Cart are you serious?" She asked looking up at the long trail in front of her. I leaned down and bit her cutely scrunched up nose resisting the urge to take her against a tree.

I had planned a hike before I propose to her because what's a better way to propose then take her on a date I know she'll hate. Also it gives me enough time to build up the balls to actually ask her.

"C'mon it'll be fun. You need to do some exercise anyways," I teased tickling her sides.

"Bitch," she said pushing past me, marching up hill.

"You're gonna get tired real fast. Slow down." I chuckled as her march calmed into a walk. I stared at her figure, mainly her ass, as I walked behind her. She definitely didn't need any exercise.

I caught up to her quickly only to see her huffing and puffing. I squeezed her flushed cheeks.

"You already tired?"

"No," she denied, shaking her head in my hand.

"So you don't mind if we run the rest of the way?" I asked, cocking my brow.

"Of course not. Ladies first," she said sarcastically with a dirty look on her face that I couldn't help but laugh at.

I slapped her ass. "I'm not the lady here."

It was amusing to watch her stomp off angrily. She'd try to slow down discreetly when she got too tired.

"Why did you tell me to get my nails done? I thought you were going to propose or something," she asked randomly sending my heart into overdrive.

One thing I wanted this to be was a surprise, which is why I hadn't told any of my boys because I know they'd spill the beans to her. Al would do it on purpose like the dickhead he is and Eli would end up blurting it out on accident. Danny would keep his mouth shut in front of Scarlett but I know he'd blab to Al so I couldn't tell him either.

I cleared my throat uncomfortably. "Bit too early for marriage Red."

"True. It's too early too be stuck with you for the rest of my life." She nudged me but I stayed still. I know it was a joke but she was only adding to my anxiousness. The sliver of doubt I had, about her saying no to me, only grew.

She looked back at me in concern but I quickly plastered on a smirk so she wouldn't think anything was wrong. She gave back a sweet, small smile but it was enough to make my doubt fizzle out, for the time being.

She flopped onto the bench once we reached our destination. We were at the peak of a mountain so we could see the view properly.

And now was the supposed easy part where I just propose. Except it wasn't fucking easy was it. Because what if I say the wrong thing. Or she doesn't even want to get married to me, which is the big issue. Would we still be boyfriend and girlfriend?