5 | fumbling the plan

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 5:

FUMBLING THE PLAN

"You wiretapped him?"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

HEAVY RAIN POURS down onto the island, causing large puddles to be made within the street that are only threatening to rise and create floods. Thunder rumbles loudly from high above in the dark stormy clouds as it progresses further into the night. Cracks of lightning can be visible as the bolts strike down onto pieces of land, brightening the whole area up.

After tickling the wire and overhearing Gavins conversation with Ward, the teenagers didn't think twice about grabbing the correct equipment needed for material evidence to be provided — Pope grabbed his telefoto so that they can get long distance. The four are all currently on top of a roof as they crouch down behind a wall to avoid being seen, not willing to have their whole plan ruined. Opposite them, in a construction site, the two adults are talking with one another like they had demanded.

"Ward just handed Gavin something." Pope informs as he films it all. "I think it's a duffel bag."

"Guys, I think this is a payoff." JJ suggests.

"Gavin doesn't look happy about something. It looks like he's yelling at Ward." Pope continues.

"Why?" Kie questions.

"I don't know, but he sure looks mad." Pope replies.

They fall quiet as their eyes remain locked onto the adults ahead of them, carefully watching it all unfold in front of them. Suddenly, after starting to yell at each other, Ward races forwards and the pair begin to fight one another. Bodies are desperately thrown around as they fight to be the winner, wanting their slide of the argument to come true. Then, Gavin gets forcefully thrown into the table nearby where his head immediately starts to gush with blood. Ward doesn't appear to care too much about the injury and simply dives for the gun located in Gavin's pocket.

"Ward's got a gun." Pope states.

"I bet that's the murder weapon." Kie replies.

Delilah stares at them both for a moment, shifting uncomfortably in her place. A sinking feeling enters her stomach and causes her to swallow a lump in her throat. The man is bleeding heavily and they are just witnessing it all from a distance, unable to step in unless they are willing to put themselves at risk too.

All of a sudden, gunshots ripple loudly through the quiet air and echoes over the top of the heavy rain. Something had been said that caused Ward to flip, spinning around in his heel and firing the weapon straight at the man. Gavin's body falls lifeless against the wood as thick red blood spills out of his wounds. Ward stands there staring down at another victim of his murders, chest heaving up and down as he tries to catch his breath from the fight. The gun slips off of the building the men stand on and into the flood water below.