23 | threatened by army rangers

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 23:

THREATENED BY ARMY RANGERS

"This key belongs to my family

"This key belongs to my family."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE BONFIRE TRADITION didn't go as planned to five of the Pogues, nor did they even want it to go that way. They had all gone to the event because it's something that can take their mind off of everything that's been going on recently. Fights are a frequent occurrence when it comes to the group happen to attend parties with other people their age. It's even worse when it's a Kook insulting them because the rivalry is already there, so it's an argument to continue from.

Currently, the friends are sitting outside of John B's house as the deck chairs have already been laid out. A pile of tree logs is resting in the centre of the circle with a roaring flame dancing upon it, using the wood to gain energy and keep itself going during the night. The fire is proving warmth against the chilly breeze that the wind has to offer for the darkness. Orange lighting is reflected onto the teenagers as they crowd around the fire and roast marshmallows together. They decided to do this after dealing with John B's bruises and Delilah's nosebleed, cleaning the blood up and making sure that nothing's broken.

Delilah is sitting upon JJ's lap, head buried in the crook of his neck as she snuggles into him. Arms are loosely wrapped around the girls body to ensure that she won't fall off of him, but also because he likes to hold her whenever he gets the chance. JJ has refused to leave Delilah's side until he knows for certain that she's fully recovered from everything — the boy has just been really concerned about her well-being. His hand rubs comforting circles into Del's thigh as she chews on some marshmallows they've just roasted.

"You feeling okay, Ly?" JJ whispers.

"Yeah." Delilah replies, glancing up at him with a smile. "Never better."

"Is there a reason for that?" JJ asks.

"Well, I'm in your arms and it's very comforting to me." Delilah states. "I like being in your arms."

"That's good, because I like to hold you close to me, gorgeous." JJ tells her with a grin.

"Guys, I'm pretty sure I've had more black eyes in the last month than I've ever had." Pope comments as he grabs both of their attention.

"That was building up for years." JJ informs with a light laugh. "Rumble in the jungle."

"Hey, Red." John B begins, hearing the girl hum in response. "Did you really stick up for Sarah?"