1 | paradise on earth

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 1:

PARADISE ON EARTH

"Not much of a hugger, man!"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE OUTER BANKS, also known as Paradise on Earth. It's a small island with little population living on it, meaning that everyone knows each other. However, that also means that there's been a split between the 'rich' side and the 'poor' side. Those who live upon the island either call themselves the Pogues or the Kooks, which has also been a reason for rivalry amongst the angsty teenagers.

The Kooks are the rich people of the island. They are fortunate enough to be living the luxury life where they are welcomed to grand houses within Figure Eight. Obviously, the buildings are made out of extremely sturdy materials that have more of a chance withstanding the frequent storms that take place on the Outer Banks. On top of that, Kooks can get practically anything they want and don't even need to give a single thought about helping those in desperate need. But they're rich, why would they care about helping some deadweight?

The Pogues are the poorer people, the ones having to work harder just to make sure they survive. Their houses are located in The Cut where their houses are not so sturdy, a few of them literally falling apart and having to be rebuilt. These group of people couldn't give two shits about what happens, more specifically the group of friends containing five people; Delilah, JJ, Kiara, John B, and Pope.

Delilah, who is a Pogue, has been through a lot with her time growing up in Outer Banks and how her parents slowly became the people she could no longer look up to as a role model. The girl's father ran off with some other woman when she was only young, therefore leaving both herself and her mom alone on the island. However, this led to Delilah's mother constantly going on so called business trips. Delilah knows the truth; that it's really to get away from her because she's a reminder of the redheaded man her mother once fell in love with.

Due to these 'business' trips happening so often, the house would often be left empty for the teenage girl to return home to. This meant that she would usually be found staying around a friends house for the night — particularly John B's. JJ would also join the two because his family isn't the greatest either due to the fact that his father is abusive and JJ is the victim of that. They try to avoid these problems and act like normal friends having a sleepover, giving themselves distractions to avoid reality.

However, one unexpected day, John B's father was announced as missing and the police officers were trying their hardest to look for the man that was so lovely to be around. He was someone that everyone liked because he was kind and was always looking out for the people he cares about. But then, the search soon came to a stop when the police decided to declare Big John as dead. This only made the sleeping over more frequent as both Delilah and JJ wanted to make sure their friend would be okay.