16 | released from jail

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 16:

RELEASED FROM JAIL

"I'm a free man now

"I'm a free man now."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

ON THE PORCH of the Château, four teenagers are seen keeping one another company as they each do their own thing to pass time. Kie's fingers strum against the strings of a ukulele, allowing the noise to fill the air with its gentle music. Delilah's head rests on top of the brunettes shoulder as she quietly hums along to the tune of certain music being played.

"Hey there, Delilah. What's it like in—" Delilah sings.

"The Outer Banks." JJ interrupts.

The girl glances over to where the blond is standing next to Pope, already finding that his blue eyes have settled onto her. A small smile splits across Delilah's face as the feeling of butterflies enters her stomach and flutters around. As well as that, a feeling of deja vu washes through her body from another time that JJ had interrupted the song to do that.

"That's a lot of wax on your board, JJ. Put too much wax and it's gonna be slippery." Pope informs.

"Are you telling me how to wax my board?" JJ questions, pulling his gaze away from the redhead.

"Just saying that's a lot of wax." Pope repeats.

"No, no, no." JJ protests. "You're telling me how to wax my board. Are you kidding me?"

"That's a colossal waste of wax." Pope continues.

A car horn suddenly fills the air, grabbing the fours attention and making them all turn towards where the noise is coming from. Their campervan, which none of them have seen in ages, pulls up in front of the house as John B then steps out from the vehicle. A wide smile is spread across the brunets face as he catches sight of his friends reaction; their jaws are dropped and their eyes are wide in amazement.

"No way!"

"Is this a joke?"

"Hold on. Am I dreaming?"

"Oh my god."

"Guess who's out of the clink!" John B exclaims in excitement.

The teenagers all run over to the long haired boy, enveloping him into a group hug. Smiles are etched onto all of their faces at the sight of their best friend back in their arms, no longer having to worry about losing him again. John B holds onto the four tightly, so thankful to have them all in his life. Soon enough, the group of friends pull away and mutually agree to make their way down to the docks so that they can sit down and talk about what's happening.