8 | girl talk

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 8:

GIRL TALK

"What would I do without your dumbass, Lila?"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

AFTER DISCOVERING THE compass back at the docks, the group of friends had all separated to do their own thing and deal with what they went through. The girls had instantly headed over to the restaurant that Kiara's parents happen to own and run as a business of their own. They both walk through the doors of  where they order themselves some burgers and chips, managing tot get it for free due to Kie being their daughter. Then, the pair make their way up to the roof that they frequently sneak up to.

The rooftop of the restaurant is basically the girls' usual hangout spot as it's where they always have their little girl talks. There is a beautiful scenery that surrounds the building and it's also very calming due to how quiet it can be away from everyone. Neither one of the two have to worry about having any strangers trying to listen into their conversations, which mainly consists of talking about the illegal activities they get up to or about stupid boys.

Delilah leans down on the roof so that her back is flat against the dark tiles of the restaurant. A pristine white plate is placed down between herself and Kiara where a large burger and some fluffy chip are sitting upon it. They're currently sharing the meal between them both since neither are particularly hungry, just wanting something to snack on for the time being.

The sun continues to shine down onto the island and only causes the buildings to cast large shadows onto the hard, concrete ground. The faint wind also blows against their skin while gently whistling a tune into their ears, providing some form of a natural cooling system. However, it does mean that Delilah's ginger hair is being blown about in front of her face while she's trying to eat. Groaning in frustration, the girl uses the hair-tie that she previously had around her wrist to pull her hair up into a messy ponytail.

Ocean waves can be heard crashing against the shore as the sound fills the girls' ears, which is something that they've grown extremely used to and it can still make them feel so relaxed. A couple of people can currently be seen surfing the waters waves with their friends/family, doing it as a hobby or just to pass some time. Though, seagulls continue to fly above the everyone on the island, squawking loudly as they desperately seek for any form of attention.

"If one of those bitches take my chips I'm going to be mad." Delilah comments, referring to the birds up at the sky.

"They're just hungry." Kie reasons as she glances up at one passing by.

"No, they're little shits that like to steal your food and quite literally shit on your property." Delilah insists.

Kiara laughs, simply shaking her head at the girl. It's not like Delilah is exactly wrong in her argument, it's just funny to the brunette that she gets so aggravated over the birds. Lila reaches her hand forwards and grabs another chip from the plate of food. She dips it into the sauce before plopping it into her mouth and chewing on it.