18 | the fake key

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 18:

THE FAKE KEY

"Did hell just freeze over?"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

AFTER THE TRIP to the residential home for elders, the group of friends all made their way back to the porch of Heyward's restaurant. Pope had explained everything that his great-grandmother needed to tell him about the meaning of the key — that's when the boy realised that things just way more personal. The teenagers all have smiles on their faces in excitement and in disbelief to the new information; Denmark Tanny is a distant ancestor to Pope Heyward.

"Are we in the presence of a royal?" Delilah jokingly asks, gasping to add to it.

"A king? We shall crown him!" JJ exclaims with a grin. "All hail the lord of Tannyhill."

The blond places a non-existent crown on the top of Pope's head, crowning him as if he's a king attending his own coronation. The rest of the group then takes this moment to bow down and worship their friend for being a royal. Smiles are seen etched onto each of their faces as they find joy in being able to still make these types of memories.

"Relax." Pope urges.

"Relocate the Cat's Ass, question mark?" Sarah suggests.

"I'm with that." JJ agrees.

"How soon can we move in?" Kie asks.

"Yeah, because I don't have a place to stay." Delilah states, deciding to join in on making comments.

"Me either." Kie adds. "Wanna share a bunk bed with me, Lila?"

"Actually, she'll be sharing a bed with me." JJ tells the her. "You snooze you lose."

"Guys, guys." Delilah begins. "There's enough time in a day for me to go around. No need to fight."

"But you're my girl." JJ reminds.

"Okay, well, Kie's my side chick." Delilah jokes. "Sorry you had to find out this way, JJ."

The boy playfully rolls his eyes at her response to him, turning to catch John B's eye for a split second. The pair briefly nod at one another, almost looking as though they're silently plotting something. Then, John B walks forwards and sweeps Delilah up over his shoulder, allowing JJ to start tickling her. A fit of loud laughter childishly escapes the girls mouth as she squirms around in her best friends grip.

"Put me down!" Delilah demands, trying to catch her breath through the laughs. "I'm gonna beat both of your asses when I next get the chance."