33 | retrieving the cross

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 33:

RETRIEVING THE CROSS

"Game on."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

A DECENT PLAN had been created for the teenagers to follow, not wanting to risk someone slipping up and sending everything crashing downhill. Pope and Cleo previously left the container so that they can both try to go along with JJ's idea. All the group really need is for the employers to be distracted from the work that they'be been hired to do, which will give the Pogues a chance to take back whats theirs.

Minutes have passed since the pair have disappeared to complete the first plan of action, leaving the four inside of the hot container. But the sound of a radio announcement is eventually heard. It echoes loudly through the many speakers placed around the ship for when orders are given from the captain — that's what is happening right now. The small group turn and exchange glances at one another as they realise that the plan has begun and it's time for them to do something.

"They did it!" Delilah exclaims.

"That's our boy!" John B adds, smiling.

"Alright, split up." JJ tells them. "Once they're all in the hull, Ly and I will lock them inside."

"Kie and I will go find Sarah and then get the life boat." John B continues.

"We'll meet you, load the cross, and quickly get out of here." Delilah informs.

"Okay, let's roll." JJ says.

The blond pokes out his head out of the vent to make sure that the surroundings are clear from employers, quickly informing the three it's all clear. JJ slips into the hole of the vent and crawls out to the other side, a small grunt leaving his mouth as he struggles a bit. Delilah copies his actions and hauls herself through, allowing JJ to safely help to ensure that she doesn't fall over. Both John B and Kiara follow closely after the redhead where they all then finally leave the hot container, feeling fresh air brush against their skin.

"Game on." John B whispers.

"Game on." JJ repeats.

The four split off into two groups as they all head in separate directions so that their sides of the plan can work and have it succeed. Delilah and JJ make their way down into the hull of the large ship where they hide behind one of the walls. Voices can be heard as the air fills with panicked conversations, people just wanting to gain an understanding of what's actually happening. Footsteps echo around the place as they take heavy steps upon the metal structure, trying to hurry with their actions and follow captains orders.