34 | two lovers floating at sea

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 34:

TWO LOVERS FLOATING AT SEA

"Welcome to the land of the living

"Welcome to the land of the living."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

DENMARK TANNY'S ANCIENT cross is currently airborne while onboard of the large ship (which has halted in the middle of the ocean). The artefact has continued to rise up in height through the tense air while using the thick rope that's still attached to the hook of the crane. Everything that's taking place in this moment of time is to ensure that the cross remains safe and untouched of scratches or dents. Pope is the person that's specifically making sure of this, still seated at the controls as he listens to Cleo cheer for him.

Meanwhile, Delilah and JJ are running through the narrow hallways of the ship as fast as they their legs can take them, trying to hurry with their actions. The pair remain side by side to avoid accidentally leaving one another, but are also trying to keep an eye out at the same time — just being precautious in case any employers that didn't make it into the hull. Delilah and JJ have specifically completed their side of the plan with helping Pope retrieve the cross, and now it's time for them to find John B to escape the ship.

As the teenagers make their way outside and run up the metal structure, they're hit by the strong gust of wind drifting on top of the oceans surface. It whips against the articles of clothing that they're wearing, instantly cooling their skin down in comparison to the sizzling heat that the container has. But the two just ignore this feeling and keep running forwards.

"I don't see John B." JJ informs as he peaks over the ledge. "Where they hell is he?"

Delilah is unable to respond. The girl has come to an abrupt stop in her tracks, body tensing as green eyes stare ahead. A man is standing in front of them both and has made her completely freeze, not expecting to see someone. The adult isn't much taller than JJ but has much broader features, which makes him appear more muscular in comparison to the two teenagers. Facial hair has grown on the man's face and is a mix between brown and grey/white hairs, showing that he's much older than them in age. A machete is also gripped firstly at hand and rests closely by his side.

"Uh, J?" Delilah quietly calls, instantly grabbing the boys attention. "Slight problem."

"Of course there's more of you." The Captain, whose name is Eberhimi, says. "Get down on your knees."

"Yeah, no. That's not gonna happen." JJ tells him.

Angered, the grip on the machete tightens before the blade then suddenly slices through the thick air with the intention to stab JJ. But the blond is quick to see this action coming and swiftly ducks down to avoid being hit with the weapon. Then, JJ grabs a handful of Eberhimi's shirt and proceeds to slam him against the closest wall. The forceful impact ripples through the air with a loud bang, followed by the groaning of pain. As this happens, Delilah pins the man's wrist against the wall to prevent the machete from being swung in the air once again.