19 | boat explosions

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 19:

BOAT EXPLOSIONS

"She can't be here right now!"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE TAPE THAT Limbrey had handed over to the group of teenagers was handed into the police station so it can be reviewed by professionals. As well as that, it's another a piece of evidence being provided to prove who the real killers are in the Outer Banks. By doing this, John B's name will also be completely cleared from all charges and will no longer be a suspect.

Currently, the friends are situated back at John B's house where a mixture of emotions are hanging high in the air surrounding them — though, it's unknown to some. The boys are sitting in the lounge with wide smiles spread across their faces, feeling nothing but glee. Loud cheers and shouts leave their mouths and echo around the room that they are seated inside of, which is only followed by the sound of their laughs. Some cans of beer are placed on the table in front of the three with some of the contents emptied from having been drunk already.

Meanwhile, the girls are seated outside on the porch where they lounge around on the furniture. On one side of them, the boys can be heard being loud due to the excitement that they hold, whereas on the other side, they are able to listen to the calming sounds of mother nature. Delilah and Kiara are both constantly finding their eyes drifting over to their best friends with smiles on their own faces. It's so different to see them happy in comparison to everything that they've been through so far — it's as though they've won.

A pained look crosses over the top of Sarah's face as she peels her gaze away from the three boys. All she wishes for the world to do is to swallow her up in a sinkhole, not wanting to be around to face the harsh truths of reality anymore. This is Sarahs father that her own friends are cheering about, and that hurts. The girl understands what Ward and Rafe have done wrong, but she can't sit around and cheer along with them because that's her family.

Delilah looks over at the blonde to check up on her, which she has been making sure to during the entire time they've all been together. The girl understands that it's going to be hard for Sarah right now because her best friends and her family are the ones fighting, therefore there's no in between for her to settle in. Sarah notices Delilah's concerned look, flashing her a small smile in response.

"Don't give me that forced smile, Cameron." Delilah tells her, gently taking the girls hand. "You're not okay, and you don't have to hide that."

"Thank you." Sarah replies, showing a real smile.

"Do you regret it?" Kie asks.

"No." Sarah replies. "No, I don't. He deserves all of it, and I know that."